VENTURE STEEL Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

3.1Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
bad palce to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 July 2019
you can die any moment, the security is a issue in this work place.
i get injury and they call a taxi to drive me to hospital, they realy dont care about no one.
Old Technology no place to achieve new technologies
C# Programmer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 April 2018
There is a program which written 20 years age develop using Visual Basic 60 and SQL Server 2012.

There is good people management and Company growing fast.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old Technoolgy
I like going to work everyday!
Administrative Assistant /File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 December 2017
I started with Venture Steel on contract to help out in a clerical and administrative capacity. The woman who trained me was moving to another department and she was amazing. She took the time to make sure I understood the role and the job well. I was supported by my coworkers and everyone was very friendly. My contract was extended and I was even given the opportunity to spread my wings and take on special projects, I have to say this company is a great place to work.

Not everyone is the right fit for this environment - this is a company growing and transitioning. They need people who can look beyond some of the rough edges in the short term and make it an even better place one step at a time.

Every company has areas needing improvement, this one does too and the great thing is that you can make a real difference here if you are willing to invest yourself.
Pros
Great People, family like atmostphere
Cons
limited resources at times
Poor Leadership with no opportunity to advance
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 September 2016
From the President to the Managers. They only look out for themselves and show little support or leadership to the support staff. They take advantage of the productions staff, over working them, under paying them and expecting them to return to work posthaste when injury occurs.

Management has a habit of showing favoritism, allowing certain employees to come and go as they please. While enforcing strict rules on others.

Recommend not working at the company.
Pros
weekend off
Cons
weekdays are hellish
Very little management support and very little team work.
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 February 2015
A day at work normally is filled for me with anxiety. Due to the lack of team work. I really enjoy working at a fast paced environment and under tight deadlines.
I have learned much more about steel and the purchasing function that I did not know before. I also have learned the logistic side of the job.
I really do enjoy the job function it itself at Venture but the support from Management therefore the team does not work well together.
I notice that this has been going on long before I started at Venture.

Overall I really do enjoy the people at my work place. They are great and are good hard working people.