VENTURE STEEL

VENTURE STEEL Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Poor Leadership
You can learn a lot about steel working here but there is a lot of favouritism and no place for advancement unless you are a favourite. Different rules apply to different people. Lies are told about advancement and the pay is very poor for the expectations. The bonus structure is unfair and there is always an issue when it comes to raises for the support staff.
Don't apply
Terrible place to work, dangerous, no job security, constant lies told to existing employees about advancement and pay. Applicants are told the company hasn't had a layoff in years, the multiple people are let go with absolutely no reason provided.
bad palce to work
you can die any moment, the security is a issue in this work place.
i get injury and they call a taxi to drive me to hospital, they realy dont care about no one.
High stress low pay
Not the worse place i worked but not worth the headaches. Management is poor but i left a strong message with HR and i believe they are trying to turn things around. I know people that work there still and is a little better for pay now but they still need to fix a lot of things. Its a hit or miss depending on your position.
ok ;place to work
start computer try to get help on finding steel to sell culture is toxic
hardest part of job is knowing what department people work.

lack of communication poor.
Pros
can buy lots of steel
Cons
poor management in top positions.
Old Technology no place to achieve new technologies
There is a program which written 20 years age develop using Visual Basic 60 and SQL Server 2012.

There is good people management and Company growing fast.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old Technoolgy
I like going to work everyday!
I started with Venture Steel on contract to help out in a clerical and administrative capacity. The woman who trained me was moving to another department and she was amazing. She took the time to make sure I understood the role and the job well. I was supported by my coworkers and everyone was very friendly. My contract was extended and I was even given the opportunity to spread my wings and take on special projects, I have to say this company is a great place to work.

Not everyone is the right fit for this environment - this is a company growing and transitioning. They need people who can look beyond some of the rough edges in the short term and make it an even better place one step at a time.

Every company has areas needing improvement, this one does too and the great thing is that you can make a real difference here if you are willing to invest yourself.
Pros
Great People, family like atmostphere
Cons
limited resources at times
Poor Leadership with no opportunity to advance
From the President to the Managers. They only look out for themselves and show little support or leadership to the support staff. They take advantage of the productions staff, over working them, under paying them and expecting them to return to work posthaste when injury occurs.

Management has a habit of showing favoritism, allowing certain employees to come and go as they please. While enforcing strict rules on others.

Recommend not working at the company.
Pros
weekend off
Cons
weekdays are hellish
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VENTURE STEEL?
Very little management support and very little team work.
A day at work normally is filled for me with anxiety. Due to the lack of team work. I really enjoy working at a fast paced environment and under tight deadlines.
I have learned much more about steel and the purchasing function that I did not know before. I also have learned the logistic side of the job.

I really do enjoy the job function it itself at Venture but the support from Management therefore the team does not work well together.

I notice that this has been going on long before I started at Venture.

Overall I really do enjoy the people at my work place. They are great and are good hard working people.