Ventana Construction Corporation

Ventana Construction Corporation Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Burnaby, BC8 reviews
Featured review
Ventana Construction Corporation selected this as a representative review
Ventana focuses heavily on culture and people and that's what separates it from other construction companies. Free lunches, personal trainers, family days, golf days etc. help create a positive atmosphere in a stressful industry.
Management expects the cso to be responsible for superintendent duties. Examples are, disciplinary action. Management wants cso to discipline trades for safety infractions because the supers all got together and said they did not want to do this. The super is in charge of the entire project, to put this responsibility on the head of the cso is asinine and wrong.

Management will also pin any serious problems on the cso instead of going to the superintendent. Any large safety incidents will be directly the fault of the cso. This is even more relevant if you have a senior superintendent.

Management will ignore all grievances regarding bullying or verbal abuse. I was told to pick my battles and if i did not like where i was i would be put on a smaller project and would have to labor more. My overtime would also be cut off.

Cso's beware. You have been warned.
Pros
Cons
mentioned above.
If you are looking to work for a company that has a fast paced work environment that promotes positivity, job growth, work-life balance and engage in great team building adventures Ventana is your new home!

As with any job work can be stressful and challenging however at Ventana with the support from Management & your peers, there is not a day that goes by that you feel like you alone, you will always have someone to bounce ideas off and help you get to the best possible solution.

Ventana is a family! We enjoy at a minimum, two lunches a week together (provided by Ventana) to take a break from the monotony of the week. We enjoy snow days, golf days, company picnics, Christmas / holiday celebrations and lots of extra fun perks in between.
My experience at Ventana has been nothing but positive these past few years.

I appreciate the fact that management has an open communication policy - "the door is always open" if we need assistance or advice and we shouldn't be afraid to ask.

Personally, Ventana have been very supportive of my need for further education, especially when I am looking to develop my career. We constantly hold meetings to discuss ways of improving ourselves, our methods and our projects; feedback from employees is always highly encouraged.

I also feel a strong sense of appreciation from Ventana as they host multiple social events throughout the year for office and site staff to mingle and get to know each other outside of the work environment - we always have a great time.
Pros
Opportunities for career growth, supportive of further education, social events, team building events
Simply put, I can't imagine a better employer. The company goes above and beyond to make the work experience and environment great for employees, and they are always looking for ways to make it even better. After several years here I still enjoy and look forward to coming in to work, and I really like everyone that I work with. Great people all throughout the company.
I worked for Ventana for 6 years and have nothing but good things to say about the company. I only left to pursue a different career path otherwise Ventana would likely be the place I retired. The people and culture are great and the partners are extremely personable and generous. I moved up very quickly at Ventana and was compensated above market standards. There are several company events throughout the year which are really fun (baseball games, picnics, parties, etc.) and they also started a weekly lunch program a couple time a week. Ventana has an above average RSP matching program and profit sharing never disappointed. You definitely have to work hard at this company but for me, I prefer a busy schedule where I am left to organize my own time. Overall, Ventana is an amazing company and if you have the skills and work ethic to excel, there are no boundaries of what is achievable within the company.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Culture, Organization, Partners, Mentors, People, Events
- Fast-paced environment
- Medium-size company with a family feel

- Managers give you a lot of autonomy

- Tons of company events

- Fun and social work culture
Pros
They provide lunch for their site and office employees!
You know that show, Gotta Eat Here. Well this is You Gotta work Here.

Big company with a small company feel. Great management. Great people. Great culture. This company is big on culture and team building and invest allot of money and time into making this happen.

Too many benefits to list.

I am an employee for life!
Pros
Lunch provided in office 2x per week, lots of team building / company events the list goes on and on.
Cons
No cons.