Ventana Construction Corporation
Ventana Construction Corporation Employee Review

Enjoy Work/Life Balance, Growth & Fun with the Ventana Family

1 October 2018
If you are looking to work for a company that has a fast paced work environment that promotes positivity, job growth, work-life balance and engage in great team building adventures Ventana is your new home!

As with any job work can be stressful and challenging however at Ventana with the support from Management & your peers, there is not a day that goes by that you feel like you alone, you will always have someone to bounce ideas off and help you get to the best possible solution.

Ventana is a family! We enjoy at a minimum, two lunches a week together (provided by Ventana) to take a break from the monotony of the week. We enjoy snow days, golf days, company picnics, Christmas / holiday celebrations and lots of extra fun perks in between.
28 September 2018
Same roleSame location
Project Administrator (Current Employee) - Burnaby, BC
My experience at Ventana has been nothing but positive these past few years.

I appreciate the fact that management has an open communication policy - "the door is always open" if we need assistance or advice and we shouldn't be afraid to ask.

Personally, Ventana have been very supportive of my need for further education, especially when I am looking to develop my career. We constantly hold meetings to discuss ways of improving ourselves, our methods and our projects; feedback from employees is always highly encouraged.

I also feel a strong sense of appreciation from Ventana as they host multiple social events throughout the year for office and site staff to mingle and get to know each other outside of the work environment - we always have a great time.
Pros
Opportunities for career growth, supportive of further education, social events, team building events
21 August 2019
Same location
cso (Former Employee) - Burnaby, BC
Management expects the cso to be responsible for superintendent duties. Examples are, disciplinary action. Management wants cso to discipline trades for safety infractions because the supers all got together and said they did not want to do this. The super is in charge of the entire project, to put this responsibility on the head of the cso is asinine and wrong.

Management will also pin any serious problems on the cso instead of going to the superintendent. Any large safety incidents will be directly the fault of the cso. This is even more relevant if you have a senior superintendent.

Management will ignore all grievances regarding bullying or verbal abuse. I was told to pick my battles and if i did not like where i was i would be put on a smaller project and would have to labor more. My overtime would also be cut off.

Cso's beware. You have been warned.
Pros
Cons
mentioned above.
25 September 2018
Same location
Project Manager (Current Employee) - Burnaby, BC
Ventana focuses heavily on culture and people and that's what separates it from other construction companies. Free lunches, personal trainers, family days, golf days etc. help create a positive atmosphere in a stressful industry.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ventana Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3