Ventana Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Ventana Construction Corporation selected this as a representative review
Culture, culture, culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 September 2018
Ventana focuses heavily on culture and people and that's what separates it from other construction companies. Free lunches, personal trainers, family days, golf days etc. help create a positive atmosphere in a stressful industry.
Enjoy Work/Life Balance, Growth & Fun with the Ventana Family
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 October 2018
If you are looking to work for a company that has a fast paced work environment that promotes positivity, job growth, work-life balance and engage in great team building adventures Ventana is your new home!

As with any job work can be stressful and challenging however at Ventana with the support from Management & your peers, there is not a day that goes by that you feel like you alone, you will always have someone to bounce ideas off and help you get to the best possible solution.

Ventana is a family! We enjoy at a minimum, two lunches a week together (provided by Ventana) to take a break from the monotony of the week. We enjoy snow days, golf days, company picnics, Christmas / holiday celebrations and lots of extra fun perks in between.
Great Work Environment
HSE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2018
This is a great company to work for if you're looking to learn from great people and work in a collaborative environment that has room for advancement.
Happy, healthy, and fun work environment with great people
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2018
I have worked for Ventana for over 11 years. They have given me ample opportunity in various positions throughout the years. They have provided the training and development to help me achieve my career goals. They have provided a safe comfortable work environment with a door always open policy. The partners are a group of great men who take the time to get to know us on a personal level. In a demanding crazy market they have continued to create a fun environment for the employees. We get to enjoy a variety of events throughout the year such as family picnic, Christmas parties, snow day, lunch programs and summer BBQs. We have fun games staggered around the office such as pool and ping pong. Socializing with other departments is encouraged, this help keeps us all knowledgeable about what’s going on other projects besides the ones we are directly involved in and allows for relationship building throughout the company. Overall Ventana is a great company to work for with core values that are in line with mine.
Great work environment with wonderful people
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 September 2018
My experience at Ventana has been nothing but positive these past few years.

I appreciate the fact that management has an open communication policy - "the door is always open" if we need assistance or advice and we shouldn't be afraid to ask.

Personally, Ventana have been very supportive of my need for further education, especially when I am looking to develop my career. We constantly hold meetings to discuss ways of improving ourselves, our methods and our projects; feedback from employees is always highly encouraged.

I also feel a strong sense of appreciation from Ventana as they host multiple social events throughout the year for office and site staff to mingle and get to know each other outside of the work environment - we always have a great time.
Pros
Opportunities for career growth, supportive of further education, social events, team building events
Growing team with pipeline of interesting projects.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2018
A great place to work that is centrally located in the lower mainland.

Lots of interesting projects on going, in the queue and still coming in.

This company continues to grow year after year providing plenty of personal and professional growth opportunity.
Pros
Lunch Program, Good Team, Interesting Projects.
Cons
Typical construction hours
Great company culture providing an excellent environment to grow your career
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2018
Ventana has created an excellent environment for employees to collaborate with each other in problem solving. A key aspect of this is having management personnel that are approachable and open to discussing challenges that are encountered, whether big or small.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff, very approachable management, great lunch program
Cons
Medium on the pay scale
Excellent company and workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 September 2018
Simply put, I can't imagine a better employer. The company goes above and beyond to make the work experience and environment great for employees, and they are always looking for ways to make it even better. After several years here I still enjoy and look forward to coming in to work, and I really like everyone that I work with. Great people all throughout the company.
Amazing place to work with great people and culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 September 2018
I worked for Ventana for 6 years and have nothing but good things to say about the company. I only left to pursue a different career path otherwise Ventana would likely be the place I retired. The people and culture are great and the partners are extremely personable and generous. I moved up very quickly at Ventana and was compensated above market standards. There are several company events throughout the year which are really fun (baseball games, picnics, parties, etc.) and they also started a weekly lunch program a couple time a week. Ventana has an above average RSP matching program and profit sharing never disappointed. You definitely have to work hard at this company but for me, I prefer a busy schedule where I am left to organize my own time. Overall, Ventana is an amazing company and if you have the skills and work ethic to excel, there are no boundaries of what is achievable within the company.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Culture, Organization, Partners, Mentors, People, Events
Professional and Quality Concerned
Site CSO/OFA Various Locations (Former Employee) –  CSO29 June 2018
Good benefits and worker culture. Safety conscious. Top heavy in the management circle with small opportunity for advancement but professional attitude in office and on sites.
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 May 2018
- Fast-paced environment
- Medium-size company with a family feel
- Managers give you a lot of autonomy
- Tons of company events
- Fun and social work culture
Pros
They provide lunch for their site and office employees!
You Gotta to Work Here...
Administration (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 June 2017
You know that show, Gotta Eat Here. Well this is You Gotta work Here.

Big company with a small company feel. Great management. Great people. Great culture. This company is big on culture and team building and invest allot of money and time into making this happen.

Too many benefits to list.

I am an employee for life!
Pros
Lunch provided in office 2x per week, lots of team building / company events the list goes on and on.
Cons
No cons.
Super to worker ratio NG. Lotta micro management. Same as any other Construction company. They do talk nice to employees and supply lunch once/month
Hoist Op/OFA + Safety/Skilled Labour. (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC3 June 2017
Typical day at work would require check in/ meetup with management and crew before shift start time. Get task list for the day, in order of priority, fill out paperwork and identify any potential hazards. I learned that sometimes doing alot is accomplishing little. Sometimes doing little is accoplishing alot. Management styles vary from project to project as all places do. One management style can be much different to another, with change over, internal transfer, or change of staff, addition or leaving of crew member/s. Workplace culture is welcoming, tight nit, fun, hard working. The hardest part of the job is to have a full plate of tasks and items on list, too many superiors, with urgent priority needs, wanting immediate attention, being pulled off current work, later questioned on completion times, amount of work done, without considering conflicting instructions given, the challenge of Superintendent to worker ratio. The most enjoyable part of the job definetely, for me, is the relationship with crew, the sharing of working knowledge, while also working independently. Overall I would say Ventana Construction Corporation does intend for everyone to be respectful, work safe, and work hard, also to enjoy time and have fun with team members. I recommend Ventana Construction Corporation to anyone seeking full time position.
Pros
The workplace environment is pleasant. Lunch brought in once per month. Hockey ticket draws, other friendly events held outside of work.
Cons
Perfect time management is expected at all times, Personal day, late arrival, for any reason is frowned upon. Any effort or extra duty is not acceptable, and can seem as though same as if working on union job, way too much micro management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ventana Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7