Veeva Systems Employee Reviews

Building complex application
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA6 April 2019
Veeva Vault is complex software. For the past, we were focusing on speed. The code quality suffered a bit. Right now we are working on separating the concerns to make the code base more modular. Veeva is growing very fast, both in the financial aspect and in engineering team size. With its growth, comes with some challenges. The team is trying hard to prepare the codebase to make it more maintainable for the next thousand engineers joining. Overall, it's the right time to join Veeva because it has a lot of potential ahead.
Pros
Free lunch, company pays conference ticket
Cons
legacy codebase
good
SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA1 April 2019
Pros

- Free lunch
- Unlimited PTO
- Extremely good stock options (changed this year)
- Competitive pay
- 2% of your income in education
- Fitness reimbursement
- Work/life balance
- Can switch teams, products, or job titles at any time
- Huge mix of junior, mid level, and senior engineers.
- Engineers from atypical backgrounds (passionate / motivated).
- Week break at the end of the …
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good place to work until something else comes up
DATA STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA27 January 2019
Very good place to work, but only hire contract people. No paid holidays and no beneifts. to get a job here you must go through an agency. pay is not the bed
It was decent
Data Entry Steward (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA1 June 2018
"Fun" work environment, snacks and once a week they would have dinner catered, have no real complaints about the company. All of the data entry positions were filled from local staffing agencies, management and other higher positions were actual Veeva employees. Was personally running my own projects and training the NEW project manager because I was overlooked for the position because I was an external staffing agency hire, so moving into management is non-existent if you work there as a DEO already. $11 an hour to do some work, play on your phone/facebook... I was like and extra $200 a week on top of my FT job so I didn't hate it. Left because I was unhappy at being overlooked for multiple positions, that I then had to TRAIN the new project managers on but oh well. If you don't was any advancement and you want some easy money, definitely a place I would recommend.
Pros
Great environment, lolved my direct and higher managers, easy work for some easy money
Cons
No room for advancement once you're a DEO
Excellent place
Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA30 May 2018
A very good company to work with. The CEO care for his staff.

The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top-notch employees.
Best workplace ever
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA2 April 2018
I've only worked at 2 tech places so far, but Veeva is so far the best, and it's something I hear from tech veterans as well. The work is fun, and the people are nice and sociable. Every desk is a motorized standing desk, there are ping pong tables, free lunch, espresso machines, employee kitchens, and yoga and fitness classes. It is amazing. I was good friends with my managers, and hated leaving. If I didn't have to move to Santa Cruz for my wife's PhD program, I would work at Veeva again in a heartbeat. If you get a chance, work for Veeva. You won't regret it.
Slavery is back
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA1 April 2018
Try to raise a family while working here, no way... they pull the corporate culture line but are only interested in getting 60+ hours a week from you... picking cotton is what it's like working here...
Great place to start or while in school
Data Entry Steward (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA16 January 2018
Veeva was my first real job outside of retail. At first I enjoyed it. I made friends, pulled in good numbers, and I started to understand data entry.

After a while, it does get to you. Staring at a computer screen for 40 hours a week takes its toll.

Though, this would have been the perfect job while I was still in college
Best job ever!
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CA15 January 2018
This company really takes the initiative for work life balance and staff engagement to the next level. they have a lot of great incentives and continue to strive for better in all areas of work.
There's no such thing as a free lunch... - lunch was good...
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA14 December 2017
Good company and a few good people to work with, but some extremely puzzling and sometimes concern worthy choices are being made by management. Has ping pong tables and free lunch though.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
See above
Veeva is cut-throat and management only care about themselves.
Data Steward (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA1 December 2017
I worked at veeva for almost 2 years with no raise , benefits, or promise of any type of career advancement. When I first started there were already others with 3-4 years tenure traveling down this same path to nowhere. The management is terrible. You can do everything about your job right but don't take a extra free juice or look at the " higher ups" that way or you'll find yourself without a job tomorrow. The only way I'd recommend Anyone work for veeva is if they are trying to earn a quick buck while looking for a permanent job.
Great Workllife balance
Senior IT Applications Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA21 November 2017
Great work life balance with excellent medical benefits. Free healthy lunch and snack with excellent coffee. People who work are very passionate about the company and their products
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table, and free lunch
Sr. A/R Credit & Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA21 September 2017
Veeva is a very diverse and culture, it's fun work life balance not to mention free lunches and snacks.

Everyone is very nice and easy to work with I could go on and on but I have to get back to work again great place to work!
Pros
the people
Cons
time it takes to hire someone it could take up to 2 to 3 months
Veeva is a great place to work.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 August 2017
Dream job environment. Engaged teams working to serve the customer, the company and the employee. Excellent leadership with executives that speak honestly and from the heart. This company is tnclimbing a hill few are willing to start.
Pros
working with smart talented individuals
Poor Management
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA31 July 2017
Managers are poorly trained.
Human Resources is also severely, undereducated about the laws and work place practices in CA.
Retaliation from Managers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cannot fault this company
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire29 June 2017
Veeva are a super company but they are growing rapidly and need to adjust from their entrepreneurial approach to a properly managed structured way of working with their people.
Pros
Great CEO, nice colleagues
Cons
no structured training, my immediate boss was a very poor communicator
productive work place with bonus checks
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA26 June 2017
Low key job where u work mostly alone.Co workers are great and the management makes sure your work day goes as smooth as possible. Career job but it was only a temp agaency.
Excellent Company
Senior Global Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PA10 May 2017
Veeva's culture focuses on customer success, employee success and speed. Every decision or policy is filtered through this lens. Veeva's technology is unmatched and delivered like clockwork with 3 updates a year. Financially stable and growing. Great place to work.
Above Average
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA26 April 2017
The work is fine. Life work balance is okay. The pay is a little below the market.

There are free lunch which is good at most of the time. People are nice here willing to help
Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA28 March 2017
Fast growing company. Lot of hires with big title , no relevant experience for their title.Stock price are good. Culture is changing with the growth.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Growing pains

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veeva Systems. Our community is ready to answer.