veem Employee Reviews

Great place to grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2018
Management at the time was a joke, but I heard they made changers to it, considering going back cause it was a great position. Great place to work, much room for growth
Great Startup Environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2018
I have been working at Veem full-time and it has been great. Not a day goes by where you are waiting for the 5:00 PM clock to hit as days go by fast.

Pros

- Fast paced and continually growing startup
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow where you excel

Cons

- Odd time there can be disconnect in communication
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 May 2018
Innovative company operating in an exciting space (FinTech)

Have had many sales roles before but this is the first service/product I have enjoyed selling!
Pros
Good salary/commission structure. Great benefits package.
Fast paced fintech company on the rise
Operations (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2018
Fast paced environment, start up company in the fintech space. Start up lifestyle is best described as we work hard but we play hard too, like any start up we are working towards building something great and want to disrupt the payments space while connecting small to medium sized businesses all around the globe. Not to mention it’s nice to be able to rub shoulders with top brass in their respective fields and gain knowledge from industry leaders.
Pros
Staff meetings mean lunches, innovation everywhere.
Quantity > Quality.. Poor hiring practices AWFUL Sales Managers
SDR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2017
Overall, a great place to work if you are fresh out of college and are willing to work here if the only other option for you is retail sales.

First and foremost, Management (at the time I was working there) was ABYSMAL. They use numerous staffing agencies which prefer quantity over quality, and this preference is shared by Veem. This also extends to specific aspects of the (entry-level) sales environment I found myself. There is NO training, just volume cold calling, and a manager with almost no experience in sales at all whatsoever.

If a Sales Manager can't help his subordinates, and simply makes loud noises, why is he even working there making commission?

If they wish to succeed in this space, they will need to pay closer attention to the kinds of people they place in management roles (for a team of 25+ employees). If they intend to have a book of business and dedicated clientele in 5-10 years, "speed-0hiring" through agencies who don't have their best interests at heart, is the worst way to go about building a business.., and not promoting people when they have more experience and talent than their manager. Some obvious things that even a startup would be wise to.

There are others in this 'Fin-Tech' space that will overtake them. I would look elsewhere if you want to be valued as a team member, and not disrespected by an untrained, undeserving manager who is incapable of training, coaching, and virtually all aspects of what makes a manager build up his team.
Pros
Booming industry, $$ invested in the Ottawa office
Cons
Too many to list. Read the review.
Good sales experience. Bad management/Training
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Canada6 November 2017
Fairly new company, 2-3 years. They are trying to progress very fast and for a reason... More of a short term deal. Sales management and the department is very new. Expectations and sales process is unstable. Good to gain experience for someone fresh in Sales.