Vedder Transportation Group

Vedder Transportation Group Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

No lack of work

Lots of work. Money is good but a lot of other reputable companies pay the same or better. No overtime. Union is CLAC. CLAC is like all other unions. As long as you do your work without incident you'll do good at Vedder. The equipment could be better(L.NG.). Maintenance is excellent. People are awesome. Management for the most part is good. Stay away from internal politics and you'll do good. If you are mechanically inclined, self reliant, organized, clean, drug free and reliable....you'd be a good fit.

Pros

Steady employment

Incredible Care For Staff

Ive never reviewed a company. I got this profile to review this company after they went above and beyond to make sure I was ok.This company cares! it cares about its drivers and its people. I have never worked for a company that respected my time and work like Vedder does.I have never worked somewhere where they reached out to make sure I was ok, where they made sure I had time off when I needed it and where they actually remembered and cared about what was happening with my family.The managers right to the president remember my name and talk to me whenever they see me. It is a good feeling to know that I am not just a number and not just a "driver".

Pros

They care about people

Cons

High stress environment combined with superficial management

A typical day at work: long What you learned: who you work around makes a differenceManagement: Continually takes credit for the good achievements and reward for the average hard working employee is minimal.The hardest day on the job: either between dealing with a manager with poor communication skills or realizing there is 0 incentive to work harder than anyone else because the hardest workers are only rewarded with more work.The most enjoyable part of the job: the flexibility knowing that if you were truly a good employee they have no choice but to keep you around. (high turnover rate combined with low incentive to keep progressing = high demand for hard/smart workers).

Pros

The occasional free lunch, minimal micro-managing, good job security for quality workers, quality working environment, clean

Cons

Long hours, low incentive, poor communication skills, always fighting for every last penny you earned.

steady work and treatment

I have worked for vedder for close to 9 years. I never had a shortage of work. They keep us busy and i always have my schedule. the equipment is good. they keep it clean and shiny and i havent had any safety issues. dispatch is the best I have worked with in 20 years. They tell us all whats is going on and they give everyone good hours.

Pros

work is steady

Cons

customers sometimes changing things at the last minute.

Fair and professional environment

A few of my alberta ex-coworkers are real hard on the company. It is only because they wouldn't work with the rest of the team and got very angry when things didn't go there way. But it is trucking, things dont always go your way. The bosses expect the best. They give guys lots of chances but some guys got mad about being told what they had to do or being told they weren't getting better. Overall they have been fair to me. Compensation is good. Been a few leadership changes since I started but I think they are trying to raise the bar. Equipment is older, but they are serious about keeping it all fixed and I hear new trucks are coming.

Very professional, New equipment well maintained, Great job security

Never had an issue working for Vedder Transport. There is a lot of opportunity with this company. The seniority list is a bit daunting. The steady income and job security is very appealing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vedder Transportation Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement