Vedder Transportation Group

Vedder Transportation Group Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

A nice relaxed place

I’ve worked here as a milk man for several years. It is pretty much a part time gig for me on my rotation. 4 on and 4 off. 10-13 hour days. Get along well with everyone. Drivers are good people and the management is very nice. The LNG tractors need replacing though. I get benefits and rrsps. Management works really well with me if you need a day off they give it to you, but they may need you to do an extra day for them sometime.

High stress environment combined with superficial management

A typical day at work: long What you learned: who you work around makes a differenceManagement: Continually takes credit for the good achievements and reward for the average hard working employee is minimal.The hardest day on the job: either between dealing with a manager with poor communication skills or realizing there is 0 incentive to work harder than anyone else because the hardest workers are only rewarded with more work.The most enjoyable part of the job: the flexibility knowing that if you were truly a good employee they have no choice but to keep you around. (high turnover rate combined with low incentive to keep progressing = high demand for hard/smart workers).

Pros

The occasional free lunch, minimal micro-managing, good job security for quality workers, quality working environment, clean

Cons

Long hours, low incentive, poor communication skills, always fighting for every last penny you earned.

Fair and professional environment

A few of my alberta ex-coworkers are real hard on the company. It is only because they wouldn't work with the rest of the team and got very angry when things didn't go there way. But it is trucking, things dont always go your way. The bosses expect the best. They give guys lots of chances but some guys got mad about being told what they had to do or being told they weren't getting better. Overall they have been fair to me. Compensation is good. Been a few leadership changes since I started but I think they are trying to raise the bar. Equipment is older, but they are serious about keeping it all fixed and I hear new trucks are coming.

Very professional, New equipment well maintained, Great job security

Never had an issue working for Vedder Transport. There is a lot of opportunity with this company. The seniority list is a bit daunting. The steady income and job security is very appealing.

No lack of work

Lots of work. Money is good but a lot of other reputable companies pay the same or better. No overtime. Union is CLAC. CLAC is like all other unions. As long as you do your work without incident you'll do good at Vedder. The equipment could be better(L.NG.). Maintenance is excellent. People are awesome. Management for the most part is good. Stay away from internal politics and you'll do good. If you are mechanically inclined, self reliant, organized, clean, drug free and reliable....you'd be a good fit.

Pros

Steady employment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vedder Transportation Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement