Vector Marketing Employee Reviews

All about contacts
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2018
This job involved booking demonstrations with potential customers, and demonstrating the product, which was CUTCO knives. The script is already prepared and only reading and testing the knives on fruits and vegetables is required.
Pros
can make a lot of money potentially
Cons
A lot of contacts required
Summer Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2018
Vector Marketing is a company that sells knives through face to face sales and works with leads that are given to you by family. It is easy to do wel for yourself if you are outgoing.
Easy going and friendly workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta28 April 2018
Spend the time selling knives
Learned how to speak to people
Excellent management
Easygoing workplace culture
Difficult to arrive at the building
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the ability to earn rewards for exceptional service
Pros
No stress workplace
Cons
Far location, difficult to go
Good for networking
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
This job is good to tone up your networking skills and get you accustomed to the sales rep life. You need to be very independent, quick, efficient, and hardworking
Love this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 April 2018
Excellent student job. I always had a great time and learned to work hard for whatever I wanted. It created lifelong learning skills that I can take into the future with me.
pretty cool
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 April 2018
it was a pretty interesting experience expect i did not feel suited for the job as it requires a lot of do things on your own kind of attitude and the demands were pretty high.
Pros
you can make good money
Cons
not for everyone
Great team and environment.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Working at Vector is a great growing experience. The team is great and fun to work with. The management is great and help you stay motivated. The product is AMAZING!! It is easy to sell because it is such good quality. I never walked out of an appointment where the person didn't want the product. The best part of the job is meeting so many cool people. The hardest part was motivating myself to make phone calls.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Finding your own clients
Great people, self building and enjoyable
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 March 2018
through vector i learned how to reach my goals through step by step processes and grew my communication skills. I loved all the people i worked with, I learned so much about myself in terms of strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
the experience
Cons
phone calls
Good Job, but time consuming
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
it is a very good job, the pay is amazing, but you have to put a lot of your personal time in setting up appointments, driving to clients locations etc. Also, the financial benefits and commissions are only available if you make sales.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very time consuming
Customer service representative
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  vaughn, ON9 March 2018
Working in the Vaughn area is the worst, they put so much pressure on you to sell the product from the first week that you are hired. Plus the base pay is not guaranteed if you have few meetings and don't end up selling anything. On the contrary, you will get a warning.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
finding clients, bad management, pressure to sell
Good job but super stressful.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
working at vector marketing is a good way to see how running a business is really like. in this job your a sales rep, trying to sell as much product as you can in a week. this job is stressful because you are only limited to your friends and family which isn't fair because not everyone has a lot of friends and family. On the other hand the pay decent and you get to travel to a lot of beautiful places.
Pros
you get paid good
Cons
you have to find your own coustumors
amazing
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada25 January 2018
great place to work lots of fun great people very flexible chance to make a lot of money and learn lots of the basics of sales would for sure recommend
great chance to build skills and confidence with sales
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 January 2018
Great way to experience sales for an unexperienced individual. There are a lot of educational conferences, and there is a great atmosphere for fostering success. I appreciated building on my skills and weaknesses. Definitely helped me with initiative. This job gave me some great experience for running my own business, and working with clients. On the other hand, your paychecks will be mainly commission based, which starts low for your first few sales. Be prepared to work for every dollar.
Pros
great way to build sales experience
Cons
paychecks are dependent on sales
Job was okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2018
This job was okay as my first job as a teenager, it gave me good customer service and provided knowledge on sales. It was difficult having to set up meeting and appoints with people.
Hated it!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2018
When I started I thought it wasn't bad getting a good pay but the way they treat their sales reps is extremely disappointing. If you don't make a sale in a long time they take away your base pay which I'm pretty sure is illegal considering it's guaranteed....ect.
Flexible and good experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I had a great time working at Vector Marketing. Working hours are very flexible and the environment is great. It was an overall good learning experience for me.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Distance
Very flexiable workplace
Representative for Cutco (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 November 2017
This had a very flexibale hours and was a great experience. the culture at this workplace was great, i got to learn new things, people there were so nice and respectful and cared for you a lot.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
payment wasnt so good
Fun to do, not for everyone
July Part Time Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
Was a great company to work with, the ability to advance is amazing, however i didn't have the morality to do what their sales plan was. Just wasnt for me.
Commission or wage
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 November 2017
It's great that there was a wage available if didn't make a minimum commission each week. The bonuses for hitting certain commissions was excellent. You get what you put into it.
Great people and tons of fun!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
The employees you meet are fantastic and you really get a sense of a workplace family/friends. Managers are very encouraging and show real passion for employees. Only cons are building your own customer base through who you know and recommendation limiting some from their true potential. The base pay is actually per appointment not per hour so unless you can make 40 appointments a week and keep all under an 1 to provide time for travel from one to client to another base pay is off the radar.
Pros
Fantastic management, very friendly staff, great training
Cons
Having to find your own customer base and arrange own appointments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.