Vector Marketing Employee Reviews

Found 165 reviews matching the search See all 3,234 reviews
High work ethic, Confident and Determind
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 December 2018
If you don't set up clients you don't work, the job inclines that you phone others that you know and set up appointments were you go to there house and sell thousand dollar knives and if you don't make a sale you only get paid $18.75 and if you track of those you won't get paid for that either. Management was all over the place and the culture sucked, hardest part was setting up the jobs, the easiest was telling you boos you have no bookings.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
Best Work Experience I've Ever Had
District Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2018
Vector gave me all the training I needed. I never thought I'd do well in sales, but loved the products, the culture, and the people. I was able to graduate from university debt-free, won multiple scholarships, recommendation letters, and got promoted to management within a year. I've now been with the company for over 5 years, and it's the best decision I've made.
Very fun work environment and flexible job hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 December 2018
Vector was great because it was very flexible around school and it gave me skills to enhance like talking to people in the phone or my time-management skills. The people were great and they were eager to push you to goals you didn’t even know you had.
Pros
Choose when you work
Cons
Easy going and friendly workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta28 April 2018
Spend the time selling knives
Learned how to speak to people
Excellent management
Easygoing workplace culture
Difficult to arrive at the building
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the ability to earn rewards for exceptional service
Pros
No stress workplace
Cons
Far location, difficult to go
Not the job for me
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 August 2018
This was not the job for me, I barely got any sales, barely got other names from my clients to set up other demos and the demos ran way too long when you are just starting. I liked manager, she was very friendly but pressures you too much to call people even when you don't have anyone else to call. She made too many promises that weren't fulfilled over time.They will tell you that if you don't make a sale that you'll get hourly income for the week based on the demos you did but that's not true. I wasn't paid for a lot of my demos. I won't advise anyone to not work here, if you think this kind of sales work is for you give it a shot.
Great team and atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2018
I've learned a lot of things during my work at Vector Marketing. This job has improved networking skills and gotten me accustomed to the sales rep life. The training could be better, could be worse. I left the job being more persuasive and with more self-confidence.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Requires you to spend so much time
Great flexibility/advancements
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan, Regina6 July 2018
Extremely stressful to anyone who is introverted, you need to really push yourself if you’re going to succeed! But you have the potential for big money and gaining awesome new life/social skills. The training was awesome - everyone is kind and very professional, it was also a fun and stress-free atmosphere that I appreciate- as I have an anxiety disorder and the training really helped me. I also love the idea of base pay to fall back on if you have a bad week! And the office is only a 4 minute walk away.
Pros
Flexible, good goals/pay
Cons
Better suited for extroverts
Great team and environment.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Working at Vector is a great growing experience. The team is great and fun to work with. The management is great and help you stay motivated. The product is AMAZING!! It is easy to sell because it is such good quality. I never walked out of an appointment where the person didn't want the product. The best part of the job is meeting so many cool people. The hardest part was motivating myself to make phone calls.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Finding your own clients
was a temporary job
Sales Rep, Vector Marketing Corp (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 August 2018
This job was temporary experience. The training was interesting. The job was good in that I was able to practice talking and attracting persons that would buy a product that was reliable. I had never experienced being a sales person. I learned much from the experience as I had to come out of myself and be more persuasive and knowledgeable about my product.
It was a good experience for me.
Vector Marketing is a great place to work
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2018
All around a great time, with great people. With a positive work environment. The managers there are extremely helpful, and just all around great people. Nothing but love from me!
Cons
Awkward hours for things like Team Meetings
Amazing Culture with draw backs
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 October 2017
Vector Marketing is an incredible place to work. The company culture is really energetic and positive which is infectious and appealing. There is a huge opportunity to build wealth and to build an incredible future. In some cases Managers can be too pushy or think they are being supportive but not thinking in terms of what is best for the individual staff member. Upper management is really great and cares about individuals when this attitude applies to direct managers (which I experienced in many cases) this is an incredible plcce to work.
Exciting , Challenging ,Competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2014
A typical day at work is at home making appointments ,
or travelling to houses , and describing promotions.

I learned how to market products , speak to customers , be patient
and considerate of other people.

Management is a group of professional sales man
with highly valuable experience and skill.

The hardest part of the job is customer service.
People have a high standard of service and respect
that representatives must be aware and follow.

The most enjoyable part was meeting with meeting with
other reps making friends to learn more.
Pros
Constantly changing, Competitive
Cons
Competitive, long hours
Professional, fun and great experience for those looking to further their knowledge on customer service
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON3 August 2018
Great summer job for students.
The job consisted of making phone calls to friends or relatives in hopes of booking an appointment with them in order to show off the kitchen products Cutco has to offer.
désagrèable
Agent commercial (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2019
tu n'es pas accompagné ni intégré au début, médiocrement rémunéré.
Love this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 April 2018
Excellent student job. I always had a great time and learned to work hard for whatever I wanted. It created lifelong learning skills that I can take into the future with me.
"What you put in is what you get out"
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 June 2017
This is a job primarily aimed at students, but could frankly be done by anyone. The job and company it self are legit but have some sketchy aspects to them. The job is to sell knives, not door to door, but to close family and friends. Earnings are a flat amount payed per client appointment and commissions earned from the sale of the product. The bulk of your earnings are probably going to come from commissions, which increase over your sales career. This job has the potential to make you a very handsome amount of dough, but the truth is that this job is not for everybody and few will excel in this work and make big money. Management loves to micromanage and expects you to call them before and after appointments and let them know if a client appointment changes. You're required to have weeks of scheduling prepared ahead of time and continually inform them of your plans. Given that this is a sales job the workplace culture is mainly centered around receiving incentives for selling lots of product, participating in selling competitions with prizes, and pressure from management to sell sell sell. Management teaches you to sell and demand you follow their exact teachings and not to alter them in the field.
Pros
Potential to earn big money
Cons
Your work life spills into your personal life
Customer service representative
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  vaughn, ON9 March 2018
Working in the Vaughn area is the worst, they put so much pressure on you to sell the product from the first week that you are hired. Plus the base pay is not guaranteed if you have few meetings and don't end up selling anything. On the contrary, you will get a warning.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
finding clients, bad management, pressure to sell
Good for a time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
Working here was great at the beginning with tons of opportunities and advancement but it soon started to feel unethical and repetitive and that is the reason for me leaving
Good Job, but time consuming
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
it is a very good job, the pay is amazing, but you have to put a lot of your personal time in setting up appointments, driving to clients locations etc. Also, the financial benefits and commissions are only available if you make sales.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very time consuming
just refused me because of no family
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2018
just had an interview and thy just didnt accept me even for training because i dont have any family in canada , they just want your connections to make money out of them
Pros
nothing
Cons
making you a tool to provide them money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.