Vector Marketing Employee Reviews

Not the job for me
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 August 2018
This was not the job for me, I barely got any sales, barely got other names from my clients to set up other demos and the demos ran way too long when you are just starting. I liked manager, she was very friendly but pressures you too much to call people even when you don't have anyone else to call. She made too many promises that weren't fulfilled over time.They will tell you that if you don't make a sale that you'll get hourly income for the week based on the demos you did but that's not true. I wasn't paid for a lot of my demos. I won't advise anyone to not work here, if you think this kind of sales work is for you give it a shot.
was a temporary job
Sales Rep, Vector Marketing Corp (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 August 2018
This job was temporary experience. The training was interesting. The job was good in that I was able to practice talking and attracting persons that would buy a product that was reliable. I had never experienced being a sales person. I learned much from the experience as I had to come out of myself and be more persuasive and knowledgeable about my product.
It was a good experience for me.
Professional, fun and great experience for those looking to further their knowledge on customer service
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON3 August 2018
Great summer job for students.
The job consisted of making phone calls to friends or relatives in hopes of booking an appointment with them in order to show off the kitchen products Cutco has to offer.
Great flexibility/advancements
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan, Regina6 July 2018
Extremely stressful to anyone who is introverted, you need to really push yourself if you’re going to succeed! But you have the potential for big money and gaining awesome new life/social skills. The training was awesome - everyone is kind and very professional, it was also a fun and stress-free atmosphere that I appreciate- as I have an anxiety disorder and the training really helped me. I also love the idea of base pay to fall back on if you have a bad week! And the office is only a 4 minute walk away.
Pros
Flexible, good goals/pay
Cons
Better suited for extroverts
Fun place but you are rarely there.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga2 June 2018
This is a good company, where there is potential to grow. However, there is a lot of travelling required and this makes the job very tiring and expensive.
just refused me because of no family
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2018
just had an interview and thy just didnt accept me even for training because i dont have any family in canada , they just want your connections to make money out of them
Pros
nothing
Cons
making you a tool to provide them money
All about contacts
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2018
This job involved booking demonstrations with potential customers, and demonstrating the product, which was CUTCO knives. The script is already prepared and only reading and testing the knives on fruits and vegetables is required.
Pros
can make a lot of money potentially
Cons
A lot of contacts required
Good enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2018
Good staff amazing work place, easy money, diverse group of employees and employer's, livley enviroment. Great new opportunities, great managers and skilled.
Summer Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2018
Vector Marketing is a company that sells knives through face to face sales and works with leads that are given to you by family. It is easy to do wel for yourself if you are outgoing.
Easy going and friendly workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta28 April 2018
Spend the time selling knives
Learned how to speak to people
Excellent management
Easygoing workplace culture
Difficult to arrive at the building
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the ability to earn rewards for exceptional service
Pros
No stress workplace
Cons
Far location, difficult to go
Good for networking
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
This job is good to tone up your networking skills and get you accustomed to the sales rep life. You need to be very independent, quick, efficient, and hardworking
Love this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 April 2018
Excellent student job. I always had a great time and learned to work hard for whatever I wanted. It created lifelong learning skills that I can take into the future with me.
pretty cool
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 April 2018
it was a pretty interesting experience expect i did not feel suited for the job as it requires a lot of do things on your own kind of attitude and the demands were pretty high.
Pros
you can make good money
Cons
not for everyone
Great team and environment.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Working at Vector is a great growing experience. The team is great and fun to work with. The management is great and help you stay motivated. The product is AMAZING!! It is easy to sell because it is such good quality. I never walked out of an appointment where the person didn't want the product. The best part of the job is meeting so many cool people. The hardest part was motivating myself to make phone calls.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Finding your own clients
Good for a time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
Working here was great at the beginning with tons of opportunities and advancement but it soon started to feel unethical and repetitive and that is the reason for me leaving
Great people, self building and enjoyable
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 March 2018
through vector i learned how to reach my goals through step by step processes and grew my communication skills. I loved all the people i worked with, I learned so much about myself in terms of strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
the experience
Cons
phone calls
Good Job, but time consuming
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
it is a very good job, the pay is amazing, but you have to put a lot of your personal time in setting up appointments, driving to clients locations etc. Also, the financial benefits and commissions are only available if you make sales.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very time consuming
Customer service representative
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  vaughn, ON9 March 2018
Working in the Vaughn area is the worst, they put so much pressure on you to sell the product from the first week that you are hired. Plus the base pay is not guaranteed if you have few meetings and don't end up selling anything. On the contrary, you will get a warning.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
finding clients, bad management, pressure to sell
friendly workplace with super flexible hrs great environment as well as easy access to public transportation.
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
really nice and really flexible hrs but they really kill you on the pay. they make it seem like you can make a lot more money than you actually get. other than that the employers are great the staff is great its just a really great environment. but if you wanna succeed at this job you have to be a real hustler
Pros
discounted products
Cons
unreliable actual work hrs and no parking
Good job but super stressful.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
working at vector marketing is a good way to see how running a business is really like. in this job your a sales rep, trying to sell as much product as you can in a week. this job is stressful because you are only limited to your friends and family which isn't fair because not everyone has a lot of friends and family. On the other hand the pay decent and you get to travel to a lot of beautiful places.
Pros
you get paid good
Cons
you have to find your own coustumors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.