Vantage Living Inc.

Vantage Living Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
As care staff there are always challenges. Being short staffed, feeling underpaid, overworked.

New management on site has been positive and has been showing signs of appreciation to care staff. We could finally feel that we are being listen to even though at times it is hard because it takes a while before something happens. We can still see that something is happening.

Finally head office is listening slowly now we need to focus on getting a raise.
Management could be better
Wages should be better

More concern for staff from management would be a huge plus

Overworked & underpaid is Vantage Living

Sad really as we care for the residents but it’s hard when you’re not appreciated
Worst workplace !! Please don’t work here! A lot of workers get injured!
Always(Everyday)short staffed unlike the other facilities! Residents are not getting proper care because of lazy workers and for not having enough staff! TOO MUCH WORKLOADS! They Don’t pay well at all! Stay away from this place. Do not waste your time!!!!
Good environment but salary too low and not much retention efforts to retain good staff and not enough support of staff (Financial and otherwise) to give Incentive to stay.
Very Nice facility, management, co workers. Great benefits and time off support.

Some building design flaws - outside porting of food and residents between buildings. Not enough parking.
The air has lightned at the mews, we have a new General Manager! No shouting and misplaced conversations while walking through the entrance doors.Gm is approachable and the best part ,calm.
President is unqualified. She does not have a MBA or any experience working in the private sector building up small and medium.sized companies. She worked for Interior Health, a publicly funded agency with no competition of focus on profit. Bad choice.
If you want to be over worked and under paid then this may be your place to go. A lot of bullying and favoritism in this place...
Management does nothing to support staff
We've gotten a new site manager and the facility has really turned around. Staff feel like we're actually appreciated and supported by management. I really look forward to work now and love my job again. I appreciate that vantage listened to our concerns and made changes with management. Very great place to work.
horrible management
understaffed and overworked

underpaid

no advancement

depressing work environment

the patients are treated like animals/inmates

terrible shifts\ never get weekends off

illegal standards

place should be shut down
Pro:
-clients are wonderful

-no shortage of work

-building is nice and clean

-good wifi

-decent food for the clients

-lots of activities that keep clients busy

Con

-overworked

-understaffed

-pay sucks

-management treats people bad
no regard or appreciation for the employees. The management is horrible, treats the staff like garbage. Work long hours constantly understaffed, pay is terrible, no organization, short staffed almost every day and everyone is constantly quitting or being fired, for not agreeing with management or being worked into exhaustion.
Pros
The residents and staff are great
Cons
Under staffed, overworked, under paid
Site Manager is beyond awful!! Time to change management for the site. They need to hire someone that understand the staff members and the residents that lives here!
7 May 2019
Thank you for your feedback. As per our recent staff meeting, the corporate management team is taking steps to improve the current situation.
The salmon Arm site has some truly amazing staff members. However until some major issues are dealt with, it’s not going to be the best job out there. The company does not have competitive wages and is suffering from a terrible staffing shortage. Management could also use one heck of an attitude makeover, but I actually think they may be working on that already. The receptionists are very rude and could use some retraining absolutely, and management should really get on that ASAP. But I really think if these problems were addressed and fixed it could be one of the best jobs you’ve ever had.
Care staff are absolutely amazing. They work hard, and work extra hours until they burn out trying to help with staffing shortages. They’re funny, and caring, and will have your back.

Yes this company has a lot to work on, but at least one of the major problems would be solved by hiring more staff. And if you’re hired you’re highly likely to be offered one of the open lines, so job security and a regular is a plus!
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Short staffing
Staff is not valued
Overworked underpaid

Was let go while off surgery on leave

They are poor management

Dont work here if you want to be a valued employee

Supervisor would not allow job responsibility to be performed. was the worst experience.

Supervisor had no way to supervise with management refusing to allow tasks to he preformed. Cant have surgery with out loosing you job.poor place to work

Staff is under high stress. And no loyalty to one another. No team spirit no team work. Lots of reviews in house so head management was aware of issues and no one helped the location. The head management allowed all legal and ethical rules to be broken ongoing. Theft was allowed and blamed on innocent coworkers when cleaning staff was allowed to bring in bags and tenants were yelled at to keep belongings locked up in their own homes it was disgusting sad and I dont recomend this employer at all!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Your just another staff
7 May 2019
Management doesn't care about staff. No matter how sick the HCAs are they are they feel pressured into coming into work. All management wants is a body. It doesn't seem to matter how sick we are. I used to take pride in working for this company now I feel embarrassed. I don't feel the residents are getting the best care they deserve because of being short staffed all the time and we never have sufficient supplies to take proper care of these amazing human beings.
Pros
Amazing staff and residents
Cons
Feeling bullied into taking twelve hour, Receptionists are rude and abrupt with staff, Management doesn't care about staff.
7 May 2019
Yes we may be over worked and under paid but it is our choice to work here. Yes management may not be all sunshine and roses but we should remember they get stuff piled on them from both ends and they are trying to keep their own heads above water. We should also remember that this is a business for those at the top of the totem pole and at the end of the day, they want to make money. We choose to be here! The benefits are pretty good (better than some I hear) and if you want a full time job with benefits so you can actually plan your life and be paid for the holidays you take then come work with us. Our program manager is in awe of how we step up and help each other out. We are a compassionate well oiled machine, despite management. We are also the preferred site by many doctors who have commented that they wish all their patients in care were with us. We are organized and our quality of care shows in the health and happiness of their patients - OUR person's in care. If you have a strong desire to care for the elderly and want to become part of a "family" in the preferred site in Salmon Arm, then come work with us. If we are fully staffed with a decent pool of casuals then the over worked component that we comment on will disappear.
Pros
Excellent co-workers; Good benefits
Cons
wage less than IHA (but the benefits are better); tired "burnt out" co-workers
The Vantage brand has a clear vision for the modern care and comfort of its clients and providing a supportive environment for its employees. Including Real people and stories, client centred care, real food, and bright open floor plans.
With a new site such as The MEWS, it’s exceptional to see the strides the staff have taken to create a welcoming safe environment, and in 5 years expand by another 60 beds.

The staff put their best foot forwards, even when faced with long hours and working without enough staff. You can tell they care. The management run a tight ship, with limited hours and resources themselves, and now looking after two buildings. Even they step up to fill shifts create minimal staff safety plans and ensure there is someone there even sitting in themselves.

At current there is a critical staff shortage. This is beyond our managements control, and it effects not only this site but the profession as a whole and this area.

It’s also an opportunity for this company to stand out and show their forwards thinking for not only good business but how it takes care of their clients and staff alike. This nursing team needs more caring and talented employees to realize the vantage vision.

There will always be challenges in nursing in general, it’s how we effect positive change that sees us through.

I believe in this company and would invite those who want to make a difference to come join our team.
Pros
Choice of 8 hour or 12 hour shifts, diverse nursing team support
Cons
Staffing shortage, room for better pay and benefits
7 May 2019
This company does not care for their employees!!! We are forced to work short staffed constantly, we work in an unsafe environment, we are bullied into taking extra shifts, denied holidays, so burn out is very common. Our lines are constandly changing with out warning, when we bring our concerns to mangement we are told to deal or quit. Our lines our now being changed to 12 hours to cut cost, forcing us out of our lines and some out of a job. Our wages are the lowest in the area,. This company has potential with better mangement and the staff is very amazing and caring, and go above and beyond to make sure residents are taken care of.
Pros
The staff is amazing, the first place I haved worked at where everyone cares for each other, and residents needs are put above there own.
Cons
Poor mangement, long hours, low wages, no incentives
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback and would like you to know we take it very seriously. Please reach out to head office team with any issues you encounter at your site that can not be resolved through your site administrator. Our door is always open and we are here to help.

Vantage Living HR
The majority of the employees are awesome, but management is the worst I’ve ever had in my entire working career. Management belittles employees, blames employees for short staffing when it is clearly a management issue, and treats employees like dirt. They make you work with unsafe staff to resident ratios, and blame you if something goes wrong.

The only good thing about this company is that you have job security, but that’s only because management knows there won’t be any new hires to replace you if you leave.

Take my word for it, work somewhere else
Pros
You’ll get plenty of hours
Cons
Short staffing, really bad management, rude receptionists, poor staff to resident ratios, poor pay

Vantage Living HR
This is one of the most frustrating places of employment with a high ratio of unsatisfied employees. We get new graduates Care aides hired in straight from school and close to half quit within the first week as our employer treats them horribly and constantly makes employees run short staffed causing everyone to burn out, and burn out fast. Even seasoned employees that have worked for the company for years would tell you to run if you were ever to think about working for this company. They do not care about the employees, don’t give regular raises, and will switch your work schedule on you without even telling you. If I could rate this employer with 0 stars I would. And this is coming from a current employee. I advise anyone applying here to avoid this place like the plague
Pros
some of the long term employees are awesome
Cons
Long hours, short staffed every day, poor resident to care aide ratios, horrible management

Vantage Living HR
Vantage living has lots of good activities for the residents and also for the staff members. It also served free food now and then on special occasions. The staff members are also great.