Vantage Living Inc. Employee Reviews

Short staffed all the time , Receptionists are rude and abrupt with staff, poor management , poor wages
HCA (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC16 April 2019
Management doesn't care about staff. No matter how sick the HCAs are they are they feel pressured into coming into work. All management wants is a body. It doesn't seem to matter how sick we are. I used to take pride in working for this company now I feel embarrassed. I don't feel the residents are getting the best care they deserve because of being short staffed all the time and we never have sufficient supplies to take proper care of these amazing human beings.
Pros
Amazing staff and residents
Cons
Feeling bullied into taking twelve hour, Receptionists are rude and abrupt with staff, Management doesn't care about staff.
Nursing in the modern age
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC4 April 2019
The Vantage brand has a clear vision for the modern care and comfort of its clients and providing a supportive environment for its employees. Including Real people and stories, client centred care, real food, and bright open floor plans.
With a new site such as The MEWS, it’s exceptional to see the strides the staff have taken to create a welcoming safe environment, and in 5 years expand by another 60 beds.
The staff put their best foot forwards, even when faced with long hours and working without enough staff. You can tell they care. The management run a tight ship, with limited hours and resources themselves, and now looking after two buildings. Even they step up to fill shifts create minimal staff safety plans and ensure there is someone there even sitting in themselves.
At current there is a critical staff shortage. This is beyond our managements control, and it effects not only this site but the profession as a whole and this area.
It’s also an opportunity for this company to stand out and show their forwards thinking for not only good business but how it takes care of their clients and staff alike. This nursing team needs more caring and talented employees to realize the vantage vision.
There will always be challenges in nursing in general, it’s how we effect positive change that sees us through.
I believe in this company and would invite those who want to make a difference to come join our team.
Pros
Choice of 8 hour or 12 hour shifts, diverse nursing team support
Cons
Staffing shortage, room for better pay and benefits
High stress, and mangement who does not care for their employees
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC28 March 2019
This company does not care for their employees!!! We are forced to work short staffed constantly, we work in an unsafe environment, we are bullied into taking extra shifts, denied holidays, so burn out is very common. Our lines are constandly changing with out warning, when we bring our concerns to mangement we are told to deal or quit. Our lines our now being changed to 12 hours to cut cost, forcing us out of our lines and some out of a job. Our wages are the lowest in the area,. This company has potential with better mangement and the staff is very amazing and caring, and go above and beyond to make sure residents are taken care of.
Pros
The staff is amazing, the first place I haved worked at where everyone cares for each other, and residents needs are put above there own.
Cons
Poor mangement, long hours, low wages, no incentives

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback and would like you to know we take it very seriously. Please reach out to head office team with any issues you encounter at your site that can not be resolved through your site administrator. Our door is always open and we are here to help.

Vantage Living HR

Avoid this company at all costs
Care aide (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC27 March 2019
The majority of the employees are awesome, but management is the worst I’ve ever had in my entire working career. Management belittles employees, blames employees for short staffing when it is clearly a management issue, and treats employees like dirt. They make you work with unsafe staff to resident ratios, and blame you if something goes wrong.

The only good thing about this company is that you have job security, but that’s only because management knows there won’t be any new hires to replace you if you leave.

Take my word for it, work somewhere else
Pros
You’ll get plenty of hours
Cons
Short staffing, really bad management, rude receptionists, poor staff to resident ratios, poor pay

Vantage Living HR

Management that makes to want to run for the hills
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 March 2019
This is one of the most frustrating places of employment with a high ratio of unsatisfied employees. We get new graduates Care aides hired in straight from school and close to half quit within the first week as our employer treats them horribly and constantly makes employees run short staffed causing everyone to burn out, and burn out fast. Even seasoned employees that have worked for the company for years would tell you to run if you were ever to think about working for this company. They do not care about the employees, don’t give regular raises, and will switch your work schedule on you without even telling you. If I could rate this employer with 0 stars I would. And this is coming from a current employee. I advise anyone applying here to avoid this place like the plague
Pros
some of the long term employees are awesome
Cons
Long hours, short staffed every day, poor resident to care aide ratios, horrible management

Vantage Living HR

Great work place with lots of fun activities
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 October 2018
Vantage living has lots of good activities for the residents and also for the staff members. It also served free food now and then on special occasions. The staff members are also great.
Very rewarding line of work
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC17 October 2018
This company has a lot of growth potential. They truly care about every employee and this is imperative as each employee truly cares about their job and the people they look after. I learned a lot about elderly care, the type of support employees need during times of grief and stress, and the wealth of knowledge the elderly possess.

The hardest part of the job is a direct consequence of the type of work; when the tenant(s) get ill or pass away. Consoling surviving family members is difficult and helping them get through such a tough time is more rewarding than words can express.

The best part of the job is working with such a group of caring individuals. These were the most dedicated, caring, and fun loving people I have worked with in a long time. Also rewarding, as mentioned, is making such a difference in the lives of the elderly and their families.
Fits my lifestyle, the residents are a joy to be around.
Server (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC26 August 2018
I enjoy working for Vantage living and have had a great time getting to know the people I work with. I feel there are many perks to being an employee here and moreover I feel appreciated.
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
Under 20 hours a week; not entitled to benefits.
allows me to care for our elders with a resident centered approach
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC5 March 2018
Day shift 0630 - 1500 is my favorite. I get all my resident's up with a smile and warm "good morning!". I always get rewarded with a return smile. This allows us to get a positive start for the day!
Pros
listening to my resident's experiences, seeking new ways to put smiles on their faces.
Cons
not enough time to spend with individual resident's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vantage Living Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7