VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES logo
VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES

VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Stressful busy group home environment

Busy days, shift work. It was clearly explained 5 days on/2 days off. Seniority based for preference of days off (understandable). Management is supportive, if you need support just have to ask. Youth struggle through different situations in their lives and need positive supportive, reliable adults to support them. Hard days and good days, like any group home environment. Great team of co-workers is a bonus.

Pros

Supportive management and co workers

Cons

Salary

Busy environment with strong collaboration

Supervisors were easy to talk to. Walk-in days were busy and stressful. Collaboration was beneficial. Encouraged to work on my own while still being supported and guided through difficult problems.

Pros

Direct contact with supervisors

Cons

Late hours some days

Terrible

Will cause you to have mental health problems (anxiety) due to the extreme stress of the job, lack of support or staffing, and terrible work life balance The pay is awful Management do not care about you or the kids.

understaffing largest issue

the rotating schedule was 5 on, two off. this was problematic because the group required 24/7 coverage, so no two staff could have matching days off. senority determined which staff got weekend days off. as a newer staff with tuesdays and wednesdays off, the work/life balance is unsustainable.

Great workplace!!

This is a great place! This place has given me many opportunities for professional development that has been relevant for my career. There has been lots of challenges but I received the support needed to implement change and grow. I made many positive relationships with the youth, other staff, and management. My employment with this agency has been pivotal in assisting in my career direction.

Pros

Professional development opportunities, most I the people I worked with were hard working and dedicated to the clients

Jobs at VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES