VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES logo
VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES

VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES Management reviews

Clear

Great place to work to gain experience.

Overall had a good experience working here. Can be very stressful and draining especially through covid and lock-downs but team pulled through. Colleagues were amazing. Management has years of experience so are very knowledgeable and supportive. Met some amazing kids.

Pros

Paid training, paid lunches/supper etc, weekly staff meetings, on-call support through crisis, great staff, great kids

Cons

No breaks, stressful, draining

Stressful busy group home environment

Busy days, shift work. It was clearly explained 5 days on/2 days off. Seniority based for preference of days off (understandable). Management is supportive, if you need support just have to ask. Youth struggle through different situations in their lives and need positive supportive, reliable adults to support them. Hard days and good days, like any group home environment. Great team of co-workers is a bonus.

Pros

Supportive management and co workers

Cons

Salary

Vantage has great clients.

discovered quickly that vantage is looking for “yes men”. would rate it zero stars if the site allowed it. I loved the work and I loved the clients that we served. Unfortunately, management was terrible and provided no support for most staff. Take the other reviews seriously.

Terrible

Will cause you to have mental health problems (anxiety) due to the extreme stress of the job, lack of support or staffing, and terrible work life balance The pay is awful Management do not care about you or the kids.

Unsafe environment

Worked with Vantage in the past and had a very bad experience. Felt unsafe at work and not provided with the right tools or with the right amount of staff. Management is supposed to be on call if there are emergencies but that can not be relied on. Ended up quitting because I felt unsafe and figured it wasn't worth my own personal wellbeing for the money.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Unsafe work environment

Negative

This agency is incredibly negative. Staff come and go with no support or encouragement from management. Staff do not receive proper training and end up overwhelmed. Management speaks down to you regularly and makes you feel less than on a regular basis. I worked here for many months and never received a thank you for picking up countless overtime shifts and never was given any positive feedback on my job performance. You really are just a warm body as they cant keep staff more than a couple months eventhough staff attempts continuesly to speak their concerns to management. Constantly told "in my day, I worked with 6 youth on my own". No regard to staff safety and concern. Awful environment

Pros

Amazing youth

Cons

All the above!

No support

This is a very difficult and negative place to work. Management will place many expectations on you without guidance, support, or appreciation. You are expected to stay if the next staff does not show up. Worked many doubles without any "thanks". No debrief after crisis. On-call is supposed to help you during crisis but they only make matters worse. They don't know all the youth and their circumstances yet they force you into situations to "help" or tell you how to do things that further escalate the situation. If you decide to work here, you will have no life. And expect to be treated poorly. You will also leave with worse mental health then when you came.

Cons

No place to advance, You are just a warm body for them, easily replaceable because some other young naive person will come in and take your place, They will not support you or fight for you, No stability, hours are divided unfairly, Work every weekend

Great workplace!!

This is a great place! This place has given me many opportunities for professional development that has been relevant for my career. There has been lots of challenges but I received the support needed to implement change and grow. I made many positive relationships with the youth, other staff, and management. My employment with this agency has been pivotal in assisting in my career direction.

Pros

Professional development opportunities, most I the people I worked with were hard working and dedicated to the clients

Experience

the youth in the agencies were amazing, but when you work in a stressful environment you would like to have the support of the supervisors and management team. there was no support no guidance, no positive energy. No breaks. and if you brought up a concern to a supervisor I've personally been waved off saying "you should already know how to do this" its a very toxic agency.

Jobs at VANTAGE COMMUNITY SERVICES