Vans Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 1,168 reviews
Empresa dinâmica e cultura jovem
Supervisora e Vendedora (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 March 2019
A Vans é uma empresa que se preocupa muito com os funcionários e com os clientes, ambiente descontraído e leve.
Pros
Desconto nos produtos
Cons
Salário muito baixo
Fun Job for a student!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2019
Ive been working here for about 8 months now and these are my thoughts:

Pros:
-Fun place to work, everyones around the same age and mostly are college/university students (must be 18+ to work here)
-Amazing discount (50% off everything and free shoes when you start)
-Management is nice and overall it feels like a big family once you get to know everyone
-Great company culture, they emphasize that its a big family
-ALSO the discount applies to EVERY brand that VF Corp owns so you get 50% off of North Face, Jansport, Dickies, Lee and a couple others (even online if youre in Canada I believe)
-You really get to know EVERYTHING about vans and all about the new releases and everything

Cons:
-Pay isnt that good, its min. wage but for the work you do I feel like they should atleast raise it a little bit
-SOME managers are a hit or miss but then again thats with every job
-Hours are a big problem, you only get 4-5 hour shifts like twice/3 x a week so if you want this as a summer job its not a good fit because you wont be getting many hours
-Some managers are very pushy with sales and you NEED to be comfortable with selling socks and promoting other products or you wont meet your goals (you can learn how to do this very fast)
-Some training isnt very good - when we hire seasonals they are mostly stuck on the apparel section until management decides if we want to keep them or not.. THEN they learn everything else

Overall- The job is a really fun experience, probably one of the best jobs ive had so far. You learn ALOT about customer service (S.K.A.T.E. acronym). You
  more... NEED to be comfortable with talking to customers and striking up a convo with every single person (if youre not youll learn!). There are no benefits however so if youre in school part time and just want a side hustle this is really good for that.
Make friends! Fun job.
Pros
Staff outings, Amazing Discount, Friends
Cons
Short hours, Pay could be better
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2019
the management is extremely friendly and all the coworkers are nice. the discount is nice also. the difficult part is the hours because so many people were hired in the beginning so everybody's hours are extremely low.
Pros
great discount
Cons
very few shifts that are also short
Very chill eenvironment and employees work hard
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Vans. The employees have taught me a lot about the retail industry and how to treat customers as well as how to sell products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little to no hours
I love the brand but everyone in the internal organization need to step up
Creative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region12 January 2019
I was really happy to be working for an international brand, especially for a brand that represents individualism and creativity. I was able to look passed the low salary and poor benefits. One of the main reasons why I stayed was because my boss was great! When most of the competent and passionate bosses and employees started leaving, including my boss, it really made me think about my future in the company. I realized I didn't have the time to wait for the company to grow as I have my own timeline so I left.
I loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 November 2018
Out of all the jobs I have ever had this was by far my favorite! The job itself was easy, you got 50% off vans AND north face. Flexible scheduling, I was a university student and had time to study and hang out with friends. I was 8 months in and was offered a job as a manager (so lots of room for growth). Loved my co workers, most customers were nice too.
Pros
Great atmosphere, easy job
Cons
on your feet all day
Awesome Job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 September 2018
Such a great environment to work in, in Vans the staff makes sure the customers are welcomed and feel like they actually exist. The staff is also treated with tremendous respect, making sure that they all come to work happy and not hate their job. Which allows the environment to be comfortable and welcoming for everyone who comes in.
Fun workplace, management not the best
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
It's a fun place to work if you only want a small amount of hours. Management isn't the best but the job is very easy. Management plays favorites and there is no commission made.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Little hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 May 2018
Working at vans, is awesome.The management team was kind and really responsible.The work place was nice and clean.The workplace culture is enjoyable.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
they are not flexible
very easy going but sales driven environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 May 2018
need to know how to sell if you want to work here otherwise you wont last very long. great benefits and good potential for advancement. Management probably the most friendly youll ever meet. Again, hardest part of the job is driving sales.
Productive and relaxed
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I would usually come into work early and wait in the back until my shift started. after that i would just punch in and get to work. The job was fairly simple: sell items and go on break was is a good summary. All the co-workers and the management team were very kind and really responsible. The work place was very relaxing. I loved helping out customers, interacting and bonding with them. That was a key part of being a sales associate.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Distance issues
amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
amazing feel to the job, everyone is so kind and genuine that you feel like a family instead of a job environment. all the employees are so quick with the customers
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 January 2018
What I learned at work is to be more visualized and focus towards the customers. I also learned how to have a decent conversation with customers. The management is ideal towards a retail store. The workplace culture is enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is making a good amount of sales for my commission. The most enjoyable part of the job is working there with everyone.
Pros
Customers
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 January 2018
Working at vans, there were no bad times. The management team by store was great. Constant growth and progression. the brand sells itself and the go team trips were great.
Pros
Go team trips
Cons
turn over
Awesome Culture, Workplace could be better
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 December 2017
Typical day at work would have you on the floor selling, replenishing apparel and accessory items, and doing daily operation duties.

Management was good and provided a work environment you would expect.

For some employees, they don't take the workplace as seriously as they should.

Because most people love working with the brand they've grown up with, it can make the experience more enjoyable.

Good opportunies for those starting or being in between jobs, but the limited amount of stores make it very difficult to receive promotions.
Pros
Amazing discounts, training, and people
Cons
Limited opportunities
fun
sales associate and cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
management is okay, its fun and laid back. the discount is 50 off which us awesome and its really flexible, i highly recommend if you love vans and streetwear
Pros
discount
Cons
5 hour shifts
Fantastic Work Environment and Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 November 2017
I was a former sales associate for Vans and I loved every minute of it. The staff always made me feel welcome and we all supported each other as a team. The customers are always pleasant which made every day a pleasure to go to work. If I hadn't had to leave due to school, I would still be there. The company encourages individuality and passion among its staff and the company's enthusiastic attitude comes across in the artistic products it sells.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Company, Good-quality Merchandise, Positive Work Atmosphere
great job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
I've learned many valuable skills. I enjoyed the job. other employees were nice and very helpful. I've learned how to manage my time and connect with customers.
super chill place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2017
Really cool place to work, pretty much exactly what you would expect when you walk in. Full of good people. Not always a ton of traffic but almost always tasks to be done. Great for starting out, wouldn't recommend as a career.
super easy work environment given I know a massive amount about Vans Canada. it was the most social and fun job I have ever experienced.
Lead sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2017
Vans is absolutely amazing. not much to say other than just pure fun and happiness. Barely felt like work at all. Made great friends and met a lot of super amazing people.
Pros
benefits, discounts
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.