Here to help
Information from Vans:

Vans Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
fun and easy
very fun place to work, everyone was easy to get along with and talk to. made some really good friends while working there. they hire people with no experience so if you need general customer service experience, its a really excellent place to start.
Upper management doesn't care about Sales Associates
The District Manager refuses to take action against the excessively problematic Store Manager. My time at Vans (WEM) was enjoyable when not being tirelessly micro-managed.
Fun work place, I learned a lot.
It is probably the best place I have ever worked, and the company is really wonderful to their employees and customers. Everyone is so kind and it's a really fun place to work.
Great staff, great company, dumb managment
I've been with the company for a good period of time and have really enjoyed meeting a ton of new people. My location has it's fair share of weird customers but what can ya do. The staff is excellent for the most part and you truly do become part of a family. With that being said however, my location suffers from having a hypocritical, pushy, selfish store manager that strikes fear into all the floor staff. Talking to her is like walking on eggshells because you never know how she will react, but that could just be the case with my location, as it differs from place to place. In general though, the discount is sweet and you will meet fantastic people, just watch out for crazy store managers, lol...
Pros
50% off discount, great employees, lots of room for advancement.
Cons
irregular work hours, rude management, messy stores
great people
really good company to work for,
only down side is they have barely any hours to give to employees in the low season(after summer and after the holidays)
Great culture if you like Retail
Vans is a great place to work. If you like the repetitive nature of retail work then you'll find Vans does it better than most. The company culture is super strong and most managers are super supportive of a very good work-life balance.
Great place for those looking for first or part time job
Was hired has a PT sales associate but only temporary. Work culture is great and staff are very friendly. From what Ive heard moving up in the ladder is easy if you have the determination to do so.
Amazing company and position
Every single person you work with is your best friend, including your managers. the compensation is the only issue i had with the company, however the pros outweighed the cons and I had some of the best moments of my life working there.
Pros
super easy going management
Cons
compensation
fun work place 10/10 recommend
the hardest part is managing costumers and getting the sale goal, but it is very dependant on where they station you, but the people there makes it worth it. also 50% off items
Untrustworthy Management
The manager was deceiving and did not tell you things straight up. He lied all the time and was not good with confrontation. Do not get attached to this job because life expectancy is a year and a half.
It was chill
it was chill; people were cool and relaxed. it helped that there was no commission so little competition. the discount was somewhat high which made it tempting to spend my whole pay there
Great place to work, apart from the pay
The discount, and employees are great (including most management) but I get 2 five hours shifts a week at the most, despite being one of their top sellers.
Pros
Great people and discount
Cons
No shifts
Amazing family like workplace and flexible.
Working at Vans has been a great experience for me. I still am working at Vans and hope to for a long time. It's different than other retail stores because they focus on their employee relations and customer relations more than just making a sale. The way they train you is to be super authentic and personal when talking to other people so it's not just like you're working there but you're actually a person and want to be there. Management is really good, it's a good balance between making jokes and having fun to giving instruction and helping out.
Enjoyable experience
What I enjoy most about this job is getting to interact with a variety of people from around the world. What strikes me the most is the hands-on approach employed by the management team. They are understanding and caring. Employees are encouraged to be vocal and embrace their individuality whilst at work. Vans is like my second family.
Empresa dinâmica e cultura jovem
A Vans é uma empresa que se preocupa muito com os funcionários e com os clientes, ambiente descontraído e leve.
Pros
Desconto nos produtos
Cons
Salário muito baixo
Authentic Culture
Vans is one of the few companies I have worked for that truly has an authentic culture, and a fantastic work/life balance. The salary is adequate and corporate management are very transparent.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Tough advancement past Store Manager
Fun Job for a student!
Ive been working here for about 8 months now and these are my thoughts:

Pros:

-Fun place to work, everyones around the same age and mostly are college/university students (must be 18+ to work here)

-Amazing discount (50% off everything and free shoes when you start)

-Management is nice and overall it feels like a big family once you get to know everyone

-Great company culture, they emphasize that its a big family

-ALSO the discount applies to EVERY brand that VF Corp owns so you get 50% off of North Face, Jansport, Dickies, Lee and a couple others (even online if youre in Canada I believe)

-You really get to know EVERYTHING about vans and all about the new releases and everything

Cons:

-Pay isnt that good, its min. wage but for the work you do I feel like they should atleast raise it a little bit

-SOME managers are a hit or miss but then again thats with every job

-Hours are a big problem, you only get 4-5 hour shifts like twice/3 x a week so if you want this as a summer job its not a good fit because you wont be getting many hours

-Some managers are very pushy with sales and you NEED to be comfortable with selling socks and promoting other products or you wont meet your goals (you can learn how to do this very fast)

-Some training isnt very good - when we hire seasonals they are mostly stuck on the apparel section until management decides if we want to keep them or not.. THEN they learn everything else

Overall- The job is a really fun experience, probably one of the best jobs ive had so far. You learn ALOT about customer service (S.K.A.T.E. acronym). You
 - more...
Pros
Staff outings, Amazing Discount, Friends
Cons
Short hours, Pay could be better
relaxed work environment
the company is really nice and cares a lot about their employees but it seems like they werent the most organized in scheduling and other things. other than that a very welcoming and friendly team and a great place to work.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
almost too relaxed
Fun place to work at
the management is extremely friendly and all the coworkers are nice. the discount is nice also. the difficult part is the hours because so many people were hired in the beginning so everybody's hours are extremely low.
Pros
great discount
Cons
very few shifts that are also short
Very chill eenvironment and employees work hard
I enjoyed my time working at Vans. The employees have taught me a lot about the retail industry and how to treat customers as well as how to sell products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little to no hours
I love the brand but everyone in the internal organization need to step up
I was really happy to be working for an international brand, especially for a brand that represents individualism and creativity. I was able to look passed the low salary and poor benefits. One of the main reasons why I stayed was because my boss was great! When most of the competent and passionate bosses and employees started leaving, including my boss, it really made me think about my future in the company. I realized I didn't have the time to wait for the company to grow as I have my own timeline so I left.