Vans Employee Reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 1,057 reviews
Fun workplace, management not the best
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
It's a fun place to work if you only want a small amount of hours. Management isn't the best but the job is very easy. Management plays favorites and there is no commission made.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Little hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 May 2018
Working at vans, is awesome.The management team was kind and really responsible.The work place was nice and clean.The workplace culture is enjoyable.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
they are not flexible
very easy going but sales driven environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 May 2018
need to know how to sell if you want to work here otherwise you wont last very long. great benefits and good potential for advancement. Management probably the most friendly youll ever meet. Again, hardest part of the job is driving sales.
Productive and relaxed
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I would usually come into work early and wait in the back until my shift started. after that i would just punch in and get to work. The job was fairly simple: sell items and go on break was is a good summary. All the co-workers and the management team were very kind and really responsible. The work place was very relaxing. I loved helping out customers, interacting and bonding with them. That was a key part of being a sales associate.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Distance issues
amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
amazing feel to the job, everyone is so kind and genuine that you feel like a family instead of a job environment. all the employees are so quick with the customers
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 January 2018
What I learned at work is to be more visualized and focus towards the customers. I also learned how to have a decent conversation with customers. The management is ideal towards a retail store. The workplace culture is enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is making a good amount of sales for my commission. The most enjoyable part of the job is working there with everyone.
Pros
Customers
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 January 2018
Working at vans, there were no bad times. The management team by store was great. Constant growth and progression. the brand sells itself and the go team trips were great.
Pros
Go team trips
Cons
turn over
Awesome Culture, Workplace could be better
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 December 2017
Typical day at work would have you on the floor selling, replenishing apparel and accessory items, and doing daily operation duties.

Management was good and provided a work environment you would expect.

For some employees, they don't take the workplace as seriously as they should.

Because most people love working with the brand they've grown up with, it can make the experience more enjoyable.

Good opportunies for those starting or being in between jobs, but the limited amount of stores make it very difficult to receive promotions.
Pros
Amazing discounts, training, and people
Cons
Limited opportunities
fun
sales associate and cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
management is okay, its fun and laid back. the discount is 50 off which us awesome and its really flexible, i highly recommend if you love vans and streetwear
Pros
discount
Cons
5 hour shifts
Fantastic Work Environment and Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 November 2017
I was a former sales associate for Vans and I loved every minute of it. The staff always made me feel welcome and we all supported each other as a team. The customers are always pleasant which made every day a pleasure to go to work. If I hadn't had to leave due to school, I would still be there. The company encourages individuality and passion among its staff and the company's enthusiastic attitude comes across in the artistic products it sells.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Company, Good-quality Merchandise, Positive Work Atmosphere
great job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
I've learned many valuable skills. I enjoyed the job. other employees were nice and very helpful. I've learned how to manage my time and connect with customers.
super chill place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2017
Really cool place to work, pretty much exactly what you would expect when you walk in. Full of good people. Not always a ton of traffic but almost always tasks to be done. Great for starting out, wouldn't recommend as a career.
super easy work environment given I know a massive amount about Vans Canada. it was the most social and fun job I have ever experienced.
Lead sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2017
Vans is absolutely amazing. not much to say other than just pure fun and happiness. Barely felt like work at all. Made great friends and met a lot of super amazing people.
Pros
benefits, discounts
chill workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2017
this job was very chill not a very busy store, great discount, the staff are all very nice and the management is firm but very calm and a great work place environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow
not the best
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
Some people gossip a lot and don't stay true to each other as a team. The manager is really nice but almost every assistant manager will be hypocritical. Not the best environment to work on if you want to have a good job experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
Working at Vans was a fun and loving experience. All the staff were super friendly and provided a very welcoming environment. There was no judgements.
Relaxed environment with it's fair share of flaws
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2017
The most important thing I learned was how to handle situations involving a a disrespectful customer and fellow employees who were not suitable for a management position. Putting my differences aside allowed me to build relationships with my coworkers and provided a better experience for the customers.
Pros
Great co-workers (Sales associates).
Cons
No breaks. Poor management.
vans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
dope place to work, everyone is super chill. vans shoes and accessories are good quality.
they suck at keeping staff, but youll make good friends while working there
super entreprise
Commis aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC14 February 2017
agréable en plus il y a des bonus de mission sur chaque ventes
Pros
commission
Cons
courtes pauses
Great job, lots of great experiences.
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2016
I loved my job at Vans. I met some great people and got so many experiences to move up in the company. I'd love to stay unfortunately I am in need of more hours.
Pros
Great friends, great work experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.