Vanier College

Vanier College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work !

Great staff , always motivated and ready to help whenever you need it ! Very prompt and efficient in responding to any requests ! Admin staff is amazing , so positive , they are great cheerleaders ! love , love , love this place !

Reasonable pay but there are different classes of teachers

It really is discouraging when you find out that you get paid less than someone else to do the same work. Well that is what goes on in the CEGEP system. The Full time Day teachers get treated best and have job security. The hourly teachers get paid less for doing the same job. An non- credit course get paid the worst. I taught computer software and the labs were always minimum standards. Of all things they would not give us decent chairs. Yeah, I kid you not.

Pros

It's nice when you get a good student who excels

Cons

Prep time and correction time not properly acknowledged by administration

My work requirements are flexible

I like to teach, I am happy. I prepare form my lessons from home and I deliver the training. I work hard to evaluate and create new activities every semester

Stuck up in old practices

Title says it all, slow to react and usually blames budgets for non-action taking. It is a government job, and salaries follow a scale. If you like working for a union, you will like this job.

I'm sure many will have various opinions

I worked at Vanier on hourly contract basis. Compared to full time teachers contractual work is unstable. Hourly rates look good but many unpaid hours are required to complete a contract.

Fun

Everyone is so nice, friendly and helpful. It's an environment where anyone can easily adapt and get into since everyone is open minded. When I first joined, I got to know everyone really easily since everyone present has similar goals.

good

Provided support, encouragement, and information to students in their department who are just beginning the graduate program. Stayed in touch with your new student group by periodically sending follow up message through text message platform. Refered students to different academic resources in campus for specific issue.

Great student job

If you study at Vanier College it is a good job for you. Good pay and the work is not difficult. Great work environment. Great hours and wonderful co-workers.

Free to do whatever it takes to get the students to write...

love the atmosphere..great management...students are wide -ranging in abilities, which is really fun to teach. I have been there for about 5 years, and the classes are always different..

Not recommend

Management will crush you down if you show them you are more knowledgeable then them. Technicians and trades person are working so hard everyday to "feed" the professionals who do nothing rather than "helping" students and college.

If you go to Vanier and are in Communications you should apply

Easy job, laid back bosses. It's a no-brainer to apply there you're paid 15$ an hour for very little work. The only downside is that you'll only be working about 2 hours a week.

Pros

excellent pay, non-demanding job

Cons

Few hours

Viewing my mother tongue from a different perspective

I was born in China and grew up speaking Chinese. Therefore, Chinese is my mother tongue. The February 2016 would be a great step in my life; I received a job offer as a Mandarin tutor from the Languages & Cultures department at Vanier College. Now, I tutored already Mandarin three semesters and taught four different people. This experience permitted me to examine Mandarin from a different perspective; that of a non-Chinese trying to learn this unique language. I discovered that Mandarin is a very hard language, but nevertheless original and fun. The different nationalities and personalities of my tuttees permitted me to compare mandarin with other languages and to approach Chinese cultures from different angles. In conclusion, being a Mandarin tutor would help me greatly to become a good pedagogue.

Fun and productive.

It was fun because I working with many volunteers who are also students. The social aspect of it really made it enjoyable. Making sure the place was clean was probably the hardest thing to do, because of the amount of snacks people bring.

Amazing

I worked as a camp counsellor and I can say that the environment is very joyful and fun! Loved seeing all the camps and feeling like a family! Its my second home

Good School

I enjoy my business program because i know this is what i want to pursue later on in my life. Its exciting to learn about what I'm going to use when I'm working in marketing.

Very good work place.

I would start in the morning every weekend and do the dishes, then I would prepare all the meals and then bring them upstairs where they would be served.

Fun

Great working environment. Very kind and supportive supervisors. Different benefits. Very flexible hours. Employees are treated with respect. Great salary.

Great environment with productive and fun workplace

A great job with routine activities including speaking one on one with tutees and going over essay rules, English grammar, speaking skills, etc.

Post Office

it's a different work environment. Work at under pressure of giving the right service, met new people. great clients, some are frustrated

Pros

employee discount

Cons

I like the volunteer environment at school.

It's a non-profit volunteer work that I did. I was not paid for helping around. I simply make sure that the people with "down" syndrome do their daily tasks according to expectations. Everyone is nice and friendly, I always go there with a smile on my face, for they are happy to see me as much as I am happy to see them. I volunteered with other students there, all for free. I learned to be more visual, for I need to make sure that they do their work properly. I need to be patient because it is not always easy to come to an understanding with people with "down" syndrome, it also happens that you have to ask them to repeat themselves multiple times what they have previously said.

Pros

Very flexible time.

Fun

It was a great environment and liked the tutoring program. Tutoring has been my thing and enjoyed this job alot. Still working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanier College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4