Vanier College

Vanier College Employee Reviews

Great staff , always motivated and ready to help whenever you need it ! Very prompt and efficient in responding to any requests ! Admin staff is amazing , so positive , they are great cheerleaders ! love , love , love this place !
I like to teach, I am happy. I prepare form my lessons from home and I deliver the training. I work hard to evaluate and create new activities every semester
Title says it all, slow to react and usually blames budgets for non-action taking. It is a government job, and salaries follow a scale. If you like working for a union, you will like this job.
I worked at Vanier on hourly contract basis. Compared to full time teachers contractual work is unstable. Hourly rates look good but many unpaid hours are required to complete a contract.
Everyone is so nice, friendly and helpful. It's an environment where anyone can easily adapt and get into since everyone is open minded. When I first joined, I got to know everyone really easily since everyone present has similar goals.
Provided support, encouragement, and information to students in their department who are just beginning the graduate program. Stayed in touch with your new student group by periodically sending follow up message through text message platform. Refered students to different academic resources in campus for specific issue.
If you study at Vanier College it is a good job for you. Good pay and the work is not difficult. Great work environment. Great hours and wonderful co-workers.
love the atmosphere..great management...students are wide -ranging in abilities, which is really fun to teach. I have been there for about 5 years, and the classes are always different..
Management will crush you down if you show them you are more knowledgeable then them. Technicians and trades person are working so hard everyday to "feed" the professionals who do nothing rather than "helping" students and college.
Easy job, laid back bosses. It's a no-brainer to apply there you're paid 15$ an hour for very little work. The only downside is that you'll only be working about 2 hours a week.
Pros
excellent pay, non-demanding job
Cons
Few hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vanier College?
I was born in China and grew up speaking Chinese. Therefore, Chinese is my mother tongue. The February 2016 would be a great step in my life; I received a job offer as a Mandarin tutor from the Languages & Cultures department at Vanier College. Now, I tutored already Mandarin three semesters and taught four different people. This experience permitted me to examine Mandarin from a different perspective; that of a non-Chinese trying to learn this unique language. I discovered that Mandarin is a very hard language, but nevertheless original and fun. The different nationalities and personalities of my tuttees permitted me to compare mandarin with other languages and to approach Chinese cultures from different angles. In conclusion, being a Mandarin tutor would help me greatly to become a good pedagogue.
It was fun because I working with many volunteers who are also students. The social aspect of it really made it enjoyable. Making sure the place was clean was probably the hardest thing to do, because of the amount of snacks people bring.
I worked as a camp counsellor and I can say that the environment is very joyful and fun! Loved seeing all the camps and feeling like a family! Its my second home
I enjoy my business program because i know this is what i want to pursue later on in my life. Its exciting to learn about what I'm going to use when I'm working in marketing.
I would start in the morning every weekend and do the dishes, then I would prepare all the meals and then bring them upstairs where they would be served.
Great working environment. Very kind and supportive supervisors. Different benefits. Very flexible hours. Employees are treated with respect. Great salary.
A great job with routine activities including speaking one on one with tutees and going over essay rules, English grammar, speaking skills, etc.
it's a different work environment. Work at under pressure of giving the right service, met new people. great clients, some are frustrated
Pros
employee discount
Cons
It's a non-profit volunteer work that I did. I was not paid for helping around. I simply make sure that the people with "down" syndrome do their daily tasks according to expectations. Everyone is nice and friendly, I always go there with a smile on my face, for they are happy to see me as much as I am happy to see them. I volunteered with other students there, all for free. I learned to be more visual, for I need to make sure that they do their work properly. I need to be patient because it is not always easy to come to an understanding with people with "down" syndrome, it also happens that you have to ask them to repeat themselves multiple times what they have previously said.
Pros
Very flexible time.
It was a great environment and liked the tutoring program. Tutoring has been my thing and enjoyed this job alot. Still working here
I was a phone representative for the student helpline during registration periods. Every day would start at 8:30am and would entail answering the phone all day answering questions that students would have about registration and helping them learn the Cegep system. Absolutely loved this job, and the people I worked with.
Pros
Fun job
  1. Employee reviews