Vanguard Employee Reviews

Vanguard
Client Relationship Associate/Business Transform (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC13 July 2018
a typical day at Vanguard was relaxed for the most part. I was working as a Financial Consultant on the phones and they could get pretty busy. Mostly clients calling to move money around or to make a distribution. I enjoyed working for Vanguard, a nice pleasant place along with the people there.
The hardest part of the job would be the phone- having a busy queue.
The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the clients and helping them out with their needs.
Pros
Relax and pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
Job advancement is poor, pretty much only phones.
Great environment
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA13 July 2018
The culture made the job enjoyable. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Day to day was fast-paced but not stressful. Projects were helpful for me to grow as a designer.
Pros
culture
A place to learn, but not to stay long-term
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ12 July 2018
I applied to Vanguard right out of college and worked in an entry-level role for a year and a half before leaving.

Vanguard's training is extensive in breadth and depth. However we used very little of what we learned in our actual work, and our securities licenses may have been a waste. Managers often tell employees to refer to dense and poorly organized "policies and procedures" manuals, or must do so themselves, rather than answering questions directly.

Much of Vanguard is an inbound call center, and work is monotonous. Pay is hourly and an employee's time is hyper-controlled. There is not much "financial work" to be had here. More creative and involved roles would require eventual relocation (after at least a few years of near perfect metrics) to Pennsylvania.

Pay is low for the industry, although benefits and PTO are both generous. A fair portion of employees (even leaders) lack bachelor's degrees. Vanguard may be a good career launchpad and financial education center, but perhaps not the most gainful place to work long-term.
Pros
Benefits and PTO -- Training -- Campus Amenities -- Sign-on bonus
Cons
Uncompetitive Salary -- Unchallenging Work -- Under-qualified Managers -- Poorly Organized Systems
Diverse Comapny
Financial Processor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PA6 July 2018
401K and Benefits are very good. Offered Partnership shares that are paid out twice a year and are very good. Holidays off that are paid. Work in an open environment with help when needed.
Pros
Partnership Plan
Cons
Not Flexible
Fun work
Builder (Former Employee) –  Monon, IN3 July 2018
Good day at work everything is a plus. I learned how to build landing gear.I loved it.Management is cool.The hardest part of the job was picking up the steel plates but it was fair.The good part is u can smoke inside the building on your break
Pros
Smoke inside building
Cons
Up the pay a little
Great first job
Metrics Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC3 July 2018
The company is a great first job as the training is great and the systems are really intuitive. However, the pay is below the market and the NC campus has limited opportunities
it was cool
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJ2 July 2018
it was cool I learn a lot, it kept me with a job and traveling a lot of different places all over new jersey. I saw a lot of nice buildings and like cleaning the buildings
Pros
cool
Cons
cool
Low Stress, low pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ30 June 2018
Very easy to get time off and great benefits, but hard to move up and make significantly more than you get when you are hired, moving from 30k to 40k is a nice %, but after a few years that really doesn't cut it.
The typical day was fast paced but exciting and atypical.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC30 June 2018
The work environment was very friendly. Coworkers were always happy to share information and experience with less trained Associates. Management staff was very supportive throughout the training as well as once Associates were onboard. The culture was supportive and dedicated to it's clients financial success.
Pros
Location, Salary, Culture, Management
Cons
Licenses required to advance.
interesting
Domino Developer (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA28 June 2018
Lots of interesting characters. I've known many people in my career but this company has a little of everything. Over all I love the people, I have learned from my last company to accept people for who they are and to also know when to wear a poker face. Not all persons are nice here but you learn to cope with the politics and ignore the ignorant crew that think they are better than you because you are a contractor. We are all humans and bleed red. As a team we work vigorously towards the same goal and we get it done.
Those who are not liked are not understood, for those are the smartest.
Working here has been interesting to say the least. Just another stepping stone in my journey through life.
Great financial services company.
account manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA26 June 2018
Vanguard is a superb all around company, especially given its sheer size and number of employees. Great employee development programs and career opportunity!
Not a place for outside the box thinkers
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ22 June 2018
While this company is great for people with families or those coming right out of college, it is not the place to try and change the world. There are too many managers in place that have no business being in their positions. It is about who you know rather than what you know.
Me agrada pero amo aeropuerto
Lider recreativa (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PR15 June 2018
Me agrada el trabajo pero necesito mas dinero y me encanta el aeropuerto estaria dispuesta a dejar uno d los 2 para tener mejor disponibilidad ahi
Pros
Seguro social
Cons
No cobro lo suficiente
Most enjoyable part of job
Retirement Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ14 June 2018
The environment is great! The people you work with are very friendly and it is easy to move up in the company as long as you take the time to put the work in.
unreliable place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GA14 June 2018
This job is poorly managed. The pay is not good at all for the work they expect. There was nothing enjoyable about it. Even though they had benefits, the insurance was expensive and not that good.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management, pay
Mundane regimented environment
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA11 June 2018
This role is heavily monitored on a systematic basis with little opportunity to influence your own decisions and being heavily encouraged to stay within similar types of roles even after the time in job requirements are met.
Miserable management
Export Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maldon, Essex9 June 2018
Staff are lovely, managers treat you like dirt. They clearly have favourites and those can get away with hardly ever turning up for work and never getting into trouble
Its very productive company to leand
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA6 June 2018
I love to work on this company this its one I love to be working everyday I leaned about IT I like to be back to work with this company to be the best in my job
Pros
the best
Not a bad place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monon, IN4 June 2018
Not a bad place to start at but after you have kids and stuff I wouldn't recommend working there at all people are grumps convicts come and go never know if stuffs gonna go down or not bomb threats every other month
n/a
FundAccess Support Liaison (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC31 May 2018
n/a. I do not wish to answer this question. Different type of culture, it's about who you know, not what you can do. Schedule is good, dept. I work in is ok too. Pay needs to be adjusted substantially
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.