Vanguard Employee Reviews

Do Not Recommend
Client Relationship Associate (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA24 March 2019
Vanguard is really good at marketing their entry-level opportunities, but once you work there, you quickly realize it is all a lie. They make it sound amazing, but taking inbound calls from clients is quite miserable. There are so many brilliant people who work at Vanguard who settle for a job they don't enjoy for pay below industry standards - all because they think it will lead to a better job within Vanguard. The opportunities are few and far between. I notice as well that people either make lateral moves or leave the company, because they the roles they went to college for and are qualified for are not available.The most enjoyable part of the job are the people - if the people weren't so great, I would have left months ago.
amazing
Sr. QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA20 March 2019
amazing place to work and learn new things.Team was so helpful in learning new stuff and very good in sharing ideas.Had a chance to learn about IRA's and retirement funds process.
Tool Support Analyst Review
Software Tool Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA19 March 2019
Working at Vanguard as a tool support analyst was a great opportunity. I learned many technical skills such as software installation procedures and project management skills. I cannot think of any negative aspect of working there as VGI provided so much freedom to work as I saw best and they had great benefits and people.The culture was professional and supportive. Management inspired me to grow by encouraging me and getting me to see where I needed to improve myself. The best part of working there was the freedom to be creative in my approach to accomplishing what I needed to accomplish and the inspiring people.
Good culture, great people, good working environment
Ultra-High Net Worth Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA12 March 2019
Vanguard provides a good working environment providing the tools to be successful. Mobility within the company to move to different roles. You work with great people who are very talented and supportive.
Pros
Opportunities to gain new skills, good work/life balance, work with great people, partnership
Cons
perfect working environment with amazing team members.
SCRUM MASTER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC4 March 2019
 Practiced and promoted Agile/Scrum delivery methodology including managing budget and schedules for assigned programs/projects.
 Identified dependencies and removed impediments to project progress, identified areas of risk, and developed and implemented complex mitigation plans.
 Managed internal and external communication by making sure the three pillars of Scrum are applied all through the entire project so that a Trust relationship can be established.
 Lead collaboration sessions with internal clients on complex/large-scale projects to formulate creative and practical solutions to software challenges.
Prior
prior (Former Employee) –  International24 February 2019
Culture is awesome. Client first in all interactions, never compromising on values and tenets which made the company a household name and a dominant force in the financial world.
Client Relations AssociateContractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 2828523 February 2019
Vanguard has good wages and it was a good work environment. Being on the telephone all day was a challenge. Hard on your voice or vocal cord, occasionally strained and sore during peak times.
Pros
Good pay and work environment
Cons
Call volumes was hard on your voice, especially during tax time.
I loved what I did!
Financial Processor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA21 February 2019
I absolutely loved working here at Vanguard. If I could have stayed, I would have! It was just unfortunate I got sick and Was ordered by my D. to not return because my health was at risk.
Customer service
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC20 February 2019
Great career opportunities in the private sector and a company that offers a great salary and benefits. Staff and management are very welcoming and professional
Pros
Educational
Cons
Commute
Good steady company with wonderful benefits.
Administrative work (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA17 February 2019
From what I can remember it was a fast paced job environment. I enjoyed the work and the people there.

I filed, starting using the internet and found that very interesting, contacted clients per phone calls.
benefits
Cons
stress
Great place
Credit Research Associate, Structured Finance (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PA14 February 2019
Great place to work where crew are valued. does whats best for the client and offers an incredible suite of products that have changed the industry for the better
Great Talent Destination Company
Supplier Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA14 February 2019
I started at Vanguard 10 years within their Finance division. During my years there, I had 4 positions which I truly loved. I was not particularly fond of the company culture, but during my time there, strides had been made to improve employee conditions such as availability of resources and work-life balance.
horrible place to work
investments specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC13 February 2019
if I could give this place zero stars I would. expect to be micro managed to the extreme. be prepared for everyone there to lie to you. everyone is fake nice and is looking to lie to you.
Awesome
Machine Operator/General laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO5 February 2019
Great pay lol you’ll never be broke in your life, these boys love giving out overtime and double pay. You’re in control of your hours and the job is real easy you just have to keep attention to detail it’s no rush lol you have 8 hours of work with 2-3 setups that takes about 30-45 mins depending on your coworkers
Great Company to work for
Retirement Specialist (Promoted Role) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ29 January 2019
You used your financial knowledge to help the client with their situation. Technology can be a little better but the benefits are great. There are multiple roles within the company and Vanguard likes to promote and coach crew members.
Vanguard is a great place to get some experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PA29 January 2019
Vanguard is a secure company that is growing so fast. They have growing pains as a result and employees struggle with processes that are somewhat slow. They hire young, dynamic employees however, there is a lot of competition to get ahead. Some license are required to certain jobs.
Pros
A young company that is growing
Cons
You are a number
Vanguard
Marketing Support (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2019
It was a very interesting journey of my life as I have learnt a lot from the company, the way things were handled within the management and the engagement of the stuff with the owner is fantastic and differentiate the brand with the industry forming a competitive culture for the business. The hardest part of it all it is when the message is reacted to differently throughout different social media. I mostly enjoyed engaging with people and giving out new innovations that the clients suggest about the brand and the services rendered.
Pros
The brand allowed customization for potential customers, it was youthful and energetic
Cons
There was no much communication from the management with us, the is brand name does not represent nor have relation with what the company is about.
It was a good job
Dietary Aide and Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NC29 January 2019
It was a good job iit was a job there working in the kitchen that I love working with people oh folks and I get along with I can you say nothing bad about Vanguard is a good job good place to work
Fast Paced
Roof Installer (Former Employee) –  Monon, IN26 January 2019
This place of employment is very fast paced. They want to meet their quote for the day, and they push you to meet it. The supervisors are great, and there a tons a great people to work with.
Benefits
Cons
drugs are the biggest con
Not a good place to work
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC25 January 2019
If you're licensed I recommend you find a job that provides opportunity to learn and advance in the industry. The culture there is built around college graduates and not mature job seekers in the industry.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.