Vanguard Employee Reviews

Great company
Foreclosure Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX23 May 2018
This is a consulting company that works to help consumers. They provide good training and I got as I gave. Definitely helped me learn about home mortgages.
Good Company but Growing Pains
Client Relationship Administrater (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ16 May 2018
I loved my time at Vanguard. I have made lifelong connections and friends. I enjoyed my positions with in the company. The work life balance was fair.
Pros
Good palce to work
Cons
Corporate goals over look talent and individuals
Financial Coordinator for St. Mary's (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WV 2530115 May 2018
Vanguard financial services was a good starter office job. A good place to get your foot in the door while upping your resume but it was not the place to stay for a life long career. There wasn't much room for advancement as it was a small company.
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
Had to use pto when they closed the office
a sunny day in the field
Inspector, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico15 May 2018
work in the field, inspections desasters in homes and learn of different cultures persons, learn about every need of towns, view a lot of destroy houses
Pros
good company coworkers
Cons
no much time to eat
Great place to work for anyone interested in a call center environment
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC14 May 2018
Pretty high paced call center environment. Excellent company culture and management truly focused with your career success and progression. Monthly meetings with management to keep you on track with your goals.
Its a great company
Financial Presentations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 May 2018
The cons:

Poor salary
Have to have a "cheerleader" attitude, be bubbly all of the time and volunteer to do all of their extra curricular activities in addition to your own job which they are not shy about piling it on but with NO increase in pay. Other wise its okay.
Adequate training, stressful environment
Retirement Plan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 May 2018
Training was adequate, still you learnred on the job.Clients were rude, often saying some very bad things to you; great work environment; more than adequate holiday schedule.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful mgmt
Terrific Work/Life Balance, Inconsistent Culture
Team Leader - Retail Investor Group (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ1 May 2018
Vanguard is very suitable for a long and steady career. The company is growing to a size where bureaucracy and proliferating processes are at their worst, and leadership development must take a backseat to scaling the business. You'll find that the founding principles of Vanguard boasted by senior leadership do not resonate in the culture or identity of many groups, depending on who's at the top of a given reporting chain.
Good place to work with great work life balance
INTERNATIONALPROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA30 April 2018
Vanguard is a great place to start your career and maybe even stay for the long run. I found that It was becoming more difficult to find new challenges and move across the set paths they have for people. The pay doesn't match a lot of the industry but with yearly (small) raises and bonuses/good benefits your overall package is competitive.
Stressless and collaborative workplace
Creative mobile developer III (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA23 April 2018
good for people who want to balance work/life and to grow professionally, Management was too friendly.
It is fun to work with the team over vanguard.
Excellent Company
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ23 April 2018
Excellent company. Certain advancement positions in career ladder would require relocation. Solid portfolio of mutual funds to offer. Only drawback is nearly all starting roles are telephone/call center positions. ..
Not worth it for longer than a year!
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA17 April 2018
Clients are relentlessly clueless, culture is bland and spineless, advancement impossible if you're not "one of the gang". I can't count the number of coworkers IN THERAPY for how stressful and unpleasant their jobs at Vanguard are, and the advancement process is insane. You're more likely to thread a camel through the eye of a needle than get a promotion unless you're an absolute all-star who doesn't make mistakes. Micromanagement on an epic scale, every single thing you do down to toilet breaks is monitored. Don't take the job, save yourself the agony.
Pros
They paid for my financial licensing.
Cons
Everything else.
Very relaxed and enjoyable place to work
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ17 April 2018
Competitive yet collaborative caring and educational. Family and life orientated company. Paid training. Raises and bonuses given. Continuing education provided.
Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA13 April 2018
Vanguard was a very nice place to work, training was good, pay was very good. The people were good to work with. The manger went down hill and stated to let the tenured people go. The moral started to lower and a lot of people became unhappy.
Not the place to work if you have original thoughts
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA10 April 2018
My time at Vanguard was a complete rollercoaster ride. It also was a guessing game to see if it was going to be a stressful day or a day full of drama. Cons: Terrible work/ life balance, favoritism, pay way below median rate, the gossip and drama run rampid as hard as you try to avoid it. Forget about raising any issues against management, because they will be in the right no matter what. Too many unnecessary meetings. The list could go on for hours, but I look forward to putting this awful experience behind me.
Pros
Excellent (for the he most part) co-workers
Cons
Do your research, the company pulled the wool over my eyes. I am glad it did not take long for me to figure it out.
Hard days
Brokerage Investment Professional (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PA10 April 2018
Working as an investment professional- be prepared for long phone calls explaining how to open an account on line. Some days are harder than others. Definitely a grind.
Quick paced, efficient
advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ10 April 2018
A quick paced efficient place to work. Strong company with strong management. Performed training, securities trading, and customer service rolls. Good company.
Great place to start your career
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA9 April 2018
Vanguard is a terrific place for a recent college graduate to start their career. They provide a multitude of on campus trainings that can not only be used to help improve your career at the firm but transferable skills that you can take with you externally.
Pros
Great cafeteria, on campus gym
Cons
Location, low pay
Very strong company
HR Analyst/Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA3 April 2018
Great company to work for with a strong value based management team. I enjoyed my time at Vanguard and really appreciated the people I worked with during my time.
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC29 March 2018
Great package overall and benefits. Company match 401k, bonuses and insurance. Very relaxed environment. Management is awesome to work with. The base pay isn't that much but package makes up for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanguard. Our community is ready to answer.