Vancouver Police Department

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

This Review is not Relevant at All

You do the job. It's about training police officers who are going to work in the line of duty. It's very physical, and but can be rewarding. Fun times.

Fast paced, interesting work, various departments to expand working knowledge. Superb people, trained well, hard working, great interst in policing and providing best support

Excellent employer

Can't say enough positives about working for the VPD. Excellent job culture; in-house training; great management; flexible hours; earned days off. Would definitely work there again.

Steady job.

1. good transitioning job. 2. well paid. 3.real life situations. 4.long hours but enjoyable. 5.work with a variety of individuals. 6. build relationships.

VPD Cadets personal experience

Great experience, hanging out with friends while learning new skills. learning new things, everything from self defense, to leadership, to meeting new friends. overall very fun experience

great workplace

good workplace room for advancement and growth and to learn and to be better teaches a lot about the environment and how the be the best at what you do

Pros

staff

Cons

hours

Very educational.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being a part of helping the officers become more efficient with their tools and more familiar with their techniques.

Loved it!

I loved this job! I would go back and work there in a heartbeat if the position was open. Great environment and the police members never once treated me as 'less than'.

Dynamic and diverse workplace with great working conditions

- Transcribed and quality-controlled police reports, completed daily stolen vehicle audits, received and forwarded routine and urgent CPIC messages to and from other policing agencies- I learned in detail about CPIC and PRIME systems as well as internal workflow and procedures- Our unit (CPIC/Transcription) had a very competent and communicative supervisor who placed a lot of effort and resources into on-going training and mentoring of each employee in the group- I worked with a very knowledgeable group of people, often without supervision during night shift, when we would provide concrete answers, moral support and guidance to each other whenever one of us found himself or herself in a situation that required such help- The most difficult part of the job was being able to multitask and prioritize while dealing with urgent calls and messages, a situation which would sometimes last throughout my shift- The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of contribution I felt while assisting police officers on duty to improve the well-being and safety of our community.

Pros

vpd's encouragement of on-going training, career advancement and professional growth opportunitites for its employees

Cons

shift work, including long hours on night shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Police Department. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement