VANCOUVER LAWN TENNIS AND BADMINTON CLUB Employee Reviews

Union security but you suffer for it
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC26 February 2019
Worked here for over two years. Wage was high because it is union but there are no tips. The hours are dependable and there are no late nights.
When I worked there the staff was great, it was a really fun group. However, apart from the restaurant manager, management was terrible. They treated employees like it was 'us against them' and I never felt like I was valued or appreciated. The head chef refused to serve anything but fried food for staff meals even when there were salads and better foods available. He threw out the food instead.
Also because it was union, there was no team work, one time when a coffee pot was overflowing, a woman from housekeeping came and told me about it. When I asked her if she had stopped it or put something to catch the coffee under the drip she replied that it wasn't her department. She literally left coffee pouring all over the floor.
Pros
No late nights, high wage
Cons
Terrible management
Not bad place to work
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC10 April 2017
Could improve in some areas but so could every where else. Just started there2 months ago so we will see more in the future. For now getting lots of hours.
Pros
Employee meal
Cons
Needs better system
Excellent and supportive colleagues. Energetic and fun Clientele
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver28 November 2016
Either working one on one or with pairs, we work to define individual goals and train in a capacity that fit with what people want to accomplish. I've learned to be very empathetic, patient and to be a good listener. These attributes are essential in building what are very personal relationships. My co-workers have also taught me a lot through their professionalism and various disciplines.
Management is amazing. Nothing but helpful, encouraging and very, very organized. The hardest part of the job, 6 am starts. I have had to learn to become a morning person. Best part of the job is that I'm essentially my own boss. I have a very nice work/life balance
Pros
I walk to work most days. Free coffee and $200/yr for Continuing Education
Cons
Really early mornings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VANCOUVER LAWN TENNIS AND BADMINTON CLUB. Our community is ready to answer.

VANCOUVER LAWN TENNIS AND BADMINTON CLUB Reviews by Job Title