Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Review

View all Vancouver Island Health Authority reviews

Great breaks and lunches with lots of friends from different departments
Med. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 July 2013
Doing rounds in hospital to ICU, Catlab, and pacemaker clinic to pick up reports for me to type. I shared a two person office with a very nice lady who typed the graphs from catlab procedures. I was the BC registry clerk and registered openheart surgeries and pacemaker, ICD's. The hardest part of the job was to transcribed for one particular Doctor with very bad handwriting but after searching to net, I could always figure it out on my own and sometimes help from a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I always managed to get things done and the sense of pride that went with it.
Pros
4 weeks holidays
Cons

Other Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews

Great Company, Not enough hours
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC18 April 2018
I loved working for VIHA but was a casual employee and could not maintain life without full time employment. I am a single mother of three and could not be available for the hours they required.
High Pressure position
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC16 April 2018
Work is demanding with little direction from management as to the organization's goals and approaches to these goals. Management is appearing to listen to input from their employees at all levels now.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
insane workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location