Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Review

View all Vancouver Island Health Authority reviews

Casual, On-call
Casual On-Call Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 January 2013
Started working as a casual, oncall worker for VIHA in November of 2011. Great company and wonder people to work with. VIHA has a great corporate culture with wonderful values that are felt. You really sense the sincerity with middle & upper management teams too!

My biggest beef with VIHA is the length of time with which one has to put in as a casual, oncall worker; it is extremely hard to get hired in the first place; then you have to start as a casual worker. This wouldn't be so bad if there were enough hours to live on. You can get near full time during some of the winter months, but even this at times can fluctuate from year to year. Mostly get hours during March, June, July and August with a few weeks here and there in December.
Pros
salary, culture, benefits
Cons
no hours and limited advancement

Other Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews

Collaborative group of professionals
LPN (Former Employee) –  RP124 April 2018
I worked in the Oncology unit where you would find some extremely sick individuals who needed gentle and empathic care. My best Nursing days were with these people; holding their hands and delivering the best care I could.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
So many early morning phone calls
Great Company, Not enough hours
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC18 April 2018
I loved working for VIHA but was a casual employee and could not maintain life without full time employment. I am a single mother of three and could not be available for the hours they required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location