Vancouver Island Health Authority

Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
The job is high paced and usually under staffed. Other staff members are friendly for the most part. But can be stressed due to under staffing. I enjoy the clients mostly..
This really depends on the facility. Some seem to be run quite well and the staff and residents/patients appear happy. There are some facilities which are run poorly. Do you research and try to speak to some employees discreetly to find out if it is the facility for you.
Love working here, the staff and management are awesome! Supportive environment. RN's that are knowledgeable and helpful. Teaching environment, Team work at it's best.
My day to day work schedule can be challenging, but I find the work I do rewarding. We are often short staffed, but we all work together as a team to provide excellent patient care
Pros
Fulfilling
Cons
Can be quite stressful
Working as a team leader at Alternate Level Care
listening to morning message about my clients night, was there any changes. medication administration. Help with morning care. Dressing changes if needed. Vac dressings if needed. Help RCA's with feeding. Restock carts. Assess my clients before I chart on them before my day is over.
Pros
working with one RCA throughout the 4 yrs
Cons
didn't get to move around much. was stuck on one pod.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location