Vancouver Island Health Authority

Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews for Community Health Worker

Viha is best place to work with. I had little bit hard time to work in the community because of meds administering and travelling in snow too, but I still worked with viha for one full year. I am good to work in the facilty more than community.
To be honest it was such a terrible experience I rather not remember the last few years I was employed with Island Health. Knowing that my co-workers are still having the same challenges with the same senior staff. So sad.
This job can be very hard and have negative effects on hire mental health. You have to learn how to leave everything that happens at work and not bring it home with you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible hours
Good company to work for. Flexible hours. Good people to work with. Learned lots, really enjoyed my job. Everyday I always learned something new and meet new people.
front of the line workers are treated poorly and we don't make nearly enough money, management is a joke, scheduling is a absolute nightmare
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vancouver Island Health Authority?