Vancouver Island Health Authority

Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC4 reviews
I have found my working experience at VIHA to be a collaborative, professional and organized in nature. The program of client care is built on the fundamentals of health care safety, quality, and above all else, patient care emphasized in delivering care that motivates clients to rehab and develop healthy habits in daily functioning tasks.
Working as a team leader at Alternate Level Care
listening to morning message about my clients night, was there any changes. medication administration. Help with morning care. Dressing changes if needed. Vac dressings if needed. Help RCA's with feeding. Restock carts. Assess my clients before I chart on them before my day is over.
Pros
working with one RCA throughout the 4 yrs
Cons
didn't get to move around much. was stuck on one pod.
I like the one on one that you can give when your in peoples homes. I have found my coworkers to be helpful, friendly. The hardest part of the job is finding addresses on a dark and rainy night.The most enjoyable part is giving good quality care to clients so they can remain in their homes. Management is eager to assist if you have any problems. I have learned that it means alot to people to be able to stay in their homes with a little help.I have also learned alot about how to communicate with different types of people.
Pros
Meeting so many nice interesting people
Was a great place to work but it does require long hours as shifts were 12 hours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9