Vancouver Island Health Authority

Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews in Nanaimo, BC

Nanaimo, BC26 reviews
Otherwise a good place to work. Good place for a career just don't get hurt and you will be fine. Co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Good team enviroment.
The behavior, attitude and ego of leadership is very unprofessional. There is favoritism with certain staff over others and it is obvious. People are hired not necessary for talent, skills or experience but who they know. Although there are pockets of positive culture some of the senior leaders in the organization do not value or show respect to their employees. Spreading rumors seems to be a common daily practice. There is little positive reinforcement, appreciation or acknowledgement of good work but quick to blame and share what the employee could have done better.
love the clients
hate the politics/unions unhappy with the paid awful communication terrible duplicate employee jobs untrained work situations unsafe work issues
Completed my power engineering practicum here, it was great and i learned alot about power engineering coming from the oilfield and not knowing much about steam generation and heat transfer!
Terrible place to work if you like to feel appreciated, feel safe, or expect professionalism. I’ve been here a long time and feel doomed to stay because of my pension. Would not recommend this company.
Pros
Pay, job security
Cons
Culture is as bad as it gets
The team was amazing, decent pre-go-live orientation. a lot to learn. they management was great. regular check up on how everyone is copying with long hours
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
poor career advancement
If you like shift work, this is the place for you! Supportive environment and good skill building opportunities. Hard on the family though as shift work can be.
Lots of bullying and harassment by empl to other employees. supervisors and staff do not follow dress code or refrain from wearing perfume. hard to find a good soul to be kind and be a real friend. people will not join together to stop bullying and rude unprofessional behaviour by others including management. too afraid to become a target. not a healthy place to work. there are some amazing people but not enough. the good ones are driven away by the toxic ones. lots of gossip like high school. no support to stop it even right to the top they do not help.
Pros
great hours for admin.
Cons
too many bullies no consequenses
I find that staff are not held accountable for their actions. To have a good work relationship, everyone needs to be a team player and be held accountable and we don't have that
Pros
Excellent benefits, lots of work
Cons
Work is demanding with little direction from management as to the organization's goals and approaches to these goals. Management is appearing to listen to input from their employees at all levels now.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
insane workloads
I enjoyed working with my team in NRGH as we worked as a "team". Unfortunately, with the budget restraints and restructuring of the hospital system, job security was not feasible. The higher-ups managers were very transient.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
No permanent positions
Overall it is a great place to work. They are very willing to work with your life/home balance. There are fair sick days, vacation days, etc. to manage your day to day life.
This job can be very hard and have negative effects on hire mental health. You have to learn how to leave everything that happens at work and not bring it home with you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible hours
Unfortunate that we are not paid what were were before the Government clawed back our wages 15%, that was over 10 years ago. As a single person, the wage is barely livable.
Pros
cohesive group overall
Cons
not paid appropriately
Great experience, very knowledgeable staff & good team spirit.
Lots to learn and rotate through different areas of pharmacy. A lot ot offer many different people.
Good company to work for. Flexible hours. Good people to work with.
Learned lots, really enjoyed my job. Everyday I always learned something new and meet new people.
Love working here, the staff and management are awesome! Supportive environment. RN's that are knowledgeable and helpful. Teaching environment, Team work at it's best.
Working with a well educated and we'll balanced team is the key to a great work place. Always looked forward to going to work and working with talented professional staff. This makes it a great place to connect with patients and deliver quality medical care.
Pros
Professional co workers
Cons
Huge middle management
front of the line workers are treated poorly and we don't make nearly enough money, management is a joke, scheduling is a absolute nightmare
Values based organization
Diversity in jobs

Great teams with collaboration.

Many opportunities for innovation in a complex work environment
I enjoyed and love my job as a Health Care Attendant. Love all the people am working with, especially the patients, learned from them, laugh, chat, help, care and love them, though sometimes their grumpy, I manage to cheer them up. On the floor am working, which is the 4th floor, we have a very supportive Manager, CNL or clinical nurse leader, our nurses and all the teams on the floor. Politics, that's everywhere, so, just have to live with it. Patience is the key to success. The reason I want to work in Jacksonville, is because my husband is retired and want to stay and live here. And I want to be close to my families live in Jacksonville, Florida.
Pros
as i said, i love my job, caring for this fragile and delicate people.
Cons
not enough staff, especially weekends, lots of calling in sick..
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.