Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews in Nanaimo, BC
Nanaimo, BC26 reviews
Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 133 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
The behavior, attitude and ego of leadership is very unprofessional. There is favoritism with certain staff over others and it is obvious. People are hired not necessary for talent, skills or experience but who they know. Although there are pockets of positive culture some of the senior leaders in the organization do not value or show respect to their employees. Spreading rumors seems to be a common daily practice. There is little positive reinforcement, appreciation or acknowledgement of good work but quick to blame and share what the employee could have done better.
Terrible place to work if you like to feel appreciated, feel safe, or expect professionalism. I’ve been here a long time and feel doomed to stay because of my pension. Would not recommend this company.
Pay, job security
Culture is as bad as it gets
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Lots of bullying and harassment by empl to other employees. supervisors and staff do not follow dress code or refrain from wearing perfume. hard to find a good soul to be kind and be a real friend. people will not join together to stop bullying and rude unprofessional behaviour by others including management. too afraid to become a target. not a healthy place to work. there are some amazing people but not enough. the good ones are driven away by the toxic ones. lots of gossip like high school. no support to stop it even right to the top they do not help.
great hours for admin.
too many bullies no consequenses
I enjoyed working with my team in NRGH as we worked as a "team". Unfortunately, with the budget restraints and restructuring of the hospital system, job security was not feasible. The higher-ups managers were very transient.
No permanent positions
Working with a well educated and we'll balanced team is the key to a great work place. Always looked forward to going to work and working with talented professional staff. This makes it a great place to connect with patients and deliver quality medical care.
Professional co workers
Huge middle management
front of the line workers are treated poorly and we don't make nearly enough money, management is a joke, scheduling is a absolute nightmare
I enjoyed and love my job as a Health Care Attendant. Love all the people am working with, especially the patients, learned from them, laugh, chat, help, care and love them, though sometimes their grumpy, I manage to cheer them up. On the floor am working, which is the 4th floor, we have a very supportive Manager, CNL or clinical nurse leader, our nurses and all the teams on the floor. Politics, that's everywhere, so, just have to live with it. Patience is the key to success. The reason I want to work in Jacksonville, is because my husband is retired and want to stay and live here. And I want to be close to my families live in Jacksonville, Florida.
as i said, i love my job, caring for this fragile and delicate people.
not enough staff, especially weekends, lots of calling in sick..
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Island Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 133 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Vancouver Island Health Authority
- How is feedback from management delivered at Vancouver Island Health Authority?4 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Vancouver Island Health Authority? What a…4 people answered
- What is the company culture at Vancouver Island Health Authority?4 people answered
- What would you suggest Vancouver Island Health Authority management do to prevent others from leavin…3 people answered
- What are the working hours at Vancouver Island Health Authority?3 people answered
- What is the culture of the workplace?3 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Vancouver Island Health Authority?2 people answered
- What is the dress code at Vancouver Island Health Authority?2 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Vancouver Island Health Authority? How many vacation days do you…2 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Vancouver Island Health Authority?2 people answered
See all questions and answers
Vancouver Island Health Authority Reviews by Location