Vancouver Island Health Authority

Vancouver Island Health Authority Employee Reviews in Duncan, BC

I do not wish to review this health authority on this platform. My opinion of this employer are personal & therefore I am not completing a review at this time
Zero interest in providing education, best practice and or creating a positive work environment. The worst experience I’ve had working for a health region. Management heavy, litigation focused. Absolutely depressing work environment. Affordable housing was not worth leaving VCH.
Pros
Can’t identify any
Cons
Too many to name
Enjoyed my employment and how close the multidisciplinary team worked together. Hiring process is lengthy and patience is needed in waiting for the hiring process. Lots of hours available if your available to work.
I enjoy working for VIHA. That is the main reason I am still here. But need a change. The staff and managers are wonderful. Monday to Friday, hours are excellent.
Had many casual positions available but not many permanent. Great people to work with though, friendly and helpful. I have enjoyed the experience I gained from working here.
For the seven years that I have worked for Vancouver Island Health Authority, I have felt very blessed. I've loved my job and the people I worked with, but it is time for a change. My administrative position was in a fast-paced environment, where I have been met with many challenges, but being a resourceful and positive person, I was able to meet them head-on. If you are looking for an administrative/clerical position, applying externally for casual positions is the way to go. I started in May 2010 as a casual an always had work. Be willing to train as an admin in several different areas so that you can build your seniority hour and are able to put your foot in the door for a chance at a regular position. You will then gain employer paid health and dental benefits, paid sick leave, paid vacation time and have access to employer associated counseling programs, etc... It's been great, but I am definitely ready for a change of environment. Good luck!!
it's ok as long as you don't want to make any money - no raises in 10 years not even cost of living - there are some really nice people who work in the front lines but management is totally disconnected from their workers and when a clerk at the reccreation center starts at $27 an hour and I work for $19 and that is the top of my scale something is wrong here
Pros
it\s a job
Cons
low pay and no management support