Not a pleasant enviornment. This is a very negative, bullying environment. Orientation for the position was laughable! - Six different employees all with their own version of how the job is to be done. Cliquey and backstabbing. Management is a joke. Read the report on the toxic environment beforehand.
Typical Union environment. Understaffed and underpaid. Staff or supervisors not held accountable for there actions. Manager on site but not in department aware of daily issues. Culture very negative, typical for NRGH. Casual staff have a hard time finding enough work so they work in multiple departments. Staffing Service struggles with completing their assignments which affects the whole hospital. Very challenging place to work if you’ve never been in this type of environment. Technician-Nanaimo
Patient care is a priority.
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Vancouver Island Health Authority? What a…4 people answered
- What would you suggest Vancouver Island Health Authority management do to prevent others from leavin…3 people answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at Vancouver Island Health Authority?3 people answered
- What are the working hours at Vancouver Island Health Authority?3 people answered
- What is the culture of the workplace?3 people answered
- What is the dress code at Vancouver Island Health Authority?2 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Vancouver Island Health Authority? How many vacation days do you…2 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Vancouver Island Health Authority?2 people answered
- Can I work as a casual other facilities of VIHA when I have a regular partime at Aberdeen Hospital?2 people answered
- I was previously an employee of viha. I left my position approx four years ago. I am not sure if I a…Answered by Vancouver Island Health Authority