Vancouver General Hospital

Vancouver General Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
I am feeling satisfied & happy while working here. All my colleagues are very friendly and helping. I am blessed that i have them.

My Manager is also super nice to everyone.
supportive management, fun but very competitive workplace, stressful most of the times but support system is good. benefits and wage are good as well but may not be enough if you're planning to live around the area.
i loved to work at VGH call center is was awesome position staff was great and job was i must say very fast paced and stressful we used to take 100 calls at least in a shift
Hardest part of the job was having an acting manager who went around the department being a bully. Staff complained about him, but still he stayed on~ for far too long. Other staff are great, good team work. Interesting and challenging work.
Vancouver Coastal Health provides health care services through a network of hospitals, primary care clinics, community health centres and residential care homes. Search our health care services in Vancouver, Richmond, North and West Vancouver and along the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast and BC's Central Coast.
Worked as Area Supply Attendant and Inventory Control. Workload was easy and mostly self-paced. Management and staff are nice and helpful. Overall very nice place to work.
I work at Vancouver general hospital pm shift I am looking for sm shift job as I have a son who is 11 years old and staying alone at home for his security. And looking for a job which is not too far from house
I felt comfortable here from the first day I started. my fellow employees welcomed me and helped me until I had a better understanding of my job. I will
It is a health care setting. I enjoy providing services to patients and families. It makes the position much more rewarding. It is a flexible workplace. The constantly challenging me to work hard.
This place is filled with miserable people that have been around to long and throw you under the bus if they don’t like you Toxic! Toxic! Toxic! Stay away.
Everyone is friendly, the hours are flexible for volunteers, and the volunteer coordinators are amazing! I learned more than I expected to through my volunteering over at the hospital.
I work for a specific doctor at the Diamond Centre (Specialists), but VGH is a great hospital to work for. They are organized and get things done in a timely matter. The IT/building support team is fantastic. This place makes you feel important, so you feel great.
I am responsible for overseeing my team members as they progress. I double check if they need help with them with any issues. I keep in touch with the clients to update with them.
I think learning and working with other people is good start of my career.

Management is very important especially at work without managing your time your task wont be finish.

Working with multicultural environment is challenging for me because, you learned so many different thing from their culture.

I think when I started my new job I found my self I was not an organized as I wanted to be.

I think meeting with new people and talking with them is the best part of our work.
i work at Vancouver General Hospital as a Registered Nurse - Wound Ostomy Continence Clinician. I provide consultation to the multi disciplinary team with my specialty knowledge. People are usually very nice and reasonable - and work itself if very fun
It is a place of acutely ill patients giving you the ability to learn and develop your skills. Staff give it their all! BUT...
VCH struggles with the demands on the healthcare system. Lots of layers of mgt but little staff on the floor giving care.

Staff are burnt out and getting sick or having injuries.

Mgt does not know how to problem solve with complex issues and often avoid them.

Bullying occurs and if you are unable to cope independently with it you will be defeated.
Pros
Great experience for learning
Cons
see comment
I worked there so long ago that I do not remember much. This is a very large facility, very interesting place in a very interesting city. Lots to learn here.
A typical day at work consists of working with RNA and DNA samples as well as filing. I learned many skills that can be translated out of the workplace such as attention to detail as well as time management. The workplace culture was very efficient and productive as everyone there was driven in their respective areas. The hardest part of the job was mastering organization as a lot of the experiments required a fair amount of precision. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were contributing to the well begin of others.
Decent place to work, but awful management in biomed. Management like "yes" people, who are lazy and playing the system. Lots of bulling and favoritism.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
management
Typical day was booking appointments, registering patients, processing incoming faxes, filing, answering the phone.

Strict enforcement of dress code policy and WorkSafe policy on appropriate footwear. Definitely no open-toed shoes.

Office politics, respectful workplace policy needed to be enforced.

Break times were set by the manager, no leniency with start and end times.

Hardest part of the job was feeling oppressed by micro-management.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know my coworkers, and working in a team environment.
It was a good experience but the staff members were a little harsh and can be more reasonable
overall great in culture and stress levels.

Everyday was not welcoming yet, it was awarding seeing the people get better and well, and it was cool using the tools in action not in a textbook
Do not expect much expecially if you are part time. It might take you 50 years to become full time. The hours are crazy if you on call and with no benefits