Vancouver Fire and Radius Security

Vancouver Fire and Radius Security Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews

Amazing team

Vanfire is an amazing place to work at. Good team. Great support in house, and the field staff are super helpful. If you are familiar with the industry it’s a great place to build your career.

Pros

Team atmosphere

Cons

Fast paced work. Great family culture

I have been here for almost a year and so far this company lives by their DNA. People are friendly and very welcoming, everyone is willing to help if you're in need; mistakes are never shunned, instead they are used as an opportunity to teach to help you grow within the company. This extends to management and the level of support they provide.At this place, there is zero tolerance for customers to abuse employees. This is really important to me as at my previous job, customers could speak and do whatever they want towards employees and have their terrible behavior rewarded.You can feel the family environment during onboarding, People and Culture (HR) truly care about the employees and are constantly looking for ways to create employee engagement.If you want to feel like you are part of a team. This is the place to work.

Pros

Supportive environment

Insights into Vancouver Fire and Radius Security

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

I am proud work for the company which is helping community with safety

Friendly family oriented company. Great respectful executive and management team. I personally see everyday that people respect my knowledge, skills and experience and I am happy to help them all time

Energetic and inclusive work place

From my experience this work place has been extremely patient and understanding through the entirety of my training process. Making me feel very welcome and valued as a team member. They have taken steps to insure that I excel and can bring my own ideas to the table to try and help further build the company. Additionally my co-workers are always trying to build community by running department and company wide events. I would highly recommend working for this company!

Disorganized and Stressful Place To Work

Management is a mess here, they only put family members in higher up roles. High turnover rates in all positions due to being understaffed and underpaid. Owner only cares about their bottom line and not about the well-being of their employees. Lots of empty promises as well to string employees along to keep them as long as possible.

If you want to grow, Radius is the place to be

I have been working with Radius for 1 and a half months already and I only can say that there is support, interest and training investment for all employees who want to grow and learn within the organization. There company provides all the resources to make a successful employee and there is always support from management for any questions and concerns. I am very happy to be part of this organization and definitely see myself here for a long time.

Pros

Support for employees who want to grow

Cons

HQ is in Vancouver, you need to learn to be independent and have initiative if you work out of BC

This is where you come for forever

I have worked for Fire companies previous to this one and I can say without a doubt that this is the one you want to work for! The people in the office are amazing, everyone is there for each other and work as a team, the DNA they have is something you not only use at work but you use at home and makes life so much better. The company I use to work for I dreaded going in everyday but I can't wait to come to work at Vancouver Fire. I have only been here 3 months but I have never felt more respected, listened to, appreciated and a part of a team in a long time!

High stress and unorganized workload

I often did the workload of 2 if not more with the expectation of this always. Long commute, micromanagement, poor morale. Lots of turnaround in the office and field departments. A lot has changed here in last 5 years.

30 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to email in to hr@vanfire.com, if you have some specifics we can action to improve the work environment. We completely agree, a lot has changed, even in the past year. We are proud to say staff retention has been at 98%, so I believe much has changed for the better since you were with us a few years back.

The best company I have ever worked for!!

I have been with the company for just over a month and the culture here is outstanding. Managers are amazing to work with and since it is family owned, you truly feel like you're part of a family.

30 May 2022
This comment made us smile. We hope that the 'honeymoon' stage is never over, and you continue to love the culture 10+ years from now! We're so lucky to have you and your positive energy on the team.

Best Culture

The company has one of the best HR manager who makes sure that there is always events for the whole office. There is always fun events and the culture is great.

30 May 2022
We can never get enough of comments like these! Thank you for taking the time to review and we are glad our strong culture stood out to you during your time with us!

Really great company. Family culture.

Lots of good things to say. Really good company. They offer training opportunities. Very helpful managers and good ownership. It’s like a big family. Only thing is that it would be nice to see office staff more.

Pros

Good pay including RRSP Match Vehicle and tools (don’t need to take vehicle back to the office, can take home) Paperless app Great events and good XMAS parties Family culture

Cons

Get to know our CSD better and see them more

30 May 2022
We really appreciate the feedback and positive review! We can never hear enough how much people love that we truly feel like a 'family'. We definitely have plans to strengthen the relationships between CSD and the field team. Always open to your suggestions on this as well, so please bring any ideas you have to your Tech Manager.

Seems like a good employer unless you're a fire tech

This was my experience as a Junior Fire Technician:Huge lack of organization among tech managers made this an awful experience. Training was a disaster, which was surprising considering they do have well designed training rooms. Part of this was due to a lack of standardized training. Learning more than one way to complete a task is important but not when each trainer contradicts one another.They do provide in-house training but if you're a junior tech and are new to the industry it's completely unbalanced. Everything is rushed and the senior techs would rather complain about training new staff than actually teach them(in the field). Understandably, training is hard but this was almost comical.Majority of the techs were under a significant amount of stress due to being overworked, and under-trained. Safety is preached but not practiced. There is a huge disconnection between tech managers and what's happening in the field. I have never seen such reckless ladder use, it was insane, truly.Based off my interview and initial research of VanFire(which looked great), it was extremely disappointing to see it operate the way it does. I've worked construction for most of my life and the chaos here makes the construction industry look good. If I was an office worker I probably would have loved it, everyone inside seemed really happy. A few techs seemed happy but most were completely overwhelmed.

Its in our DNA

VanFire is the best employer I have had to date. The foundation of the company is our 30DNA fundamentals that help keep perspective in our workplace. Its things like practicing blameless problem-solving, embracing change and growth, and showing meaningful appreciation that really takes the culture here to the next level. Management always assumes positive intent and everyone's communal goal is to do the right thing, ALWAYS. I couldn't ask for a more understanding employer and I hope to never leave.

Pros

Friendly staff, GREAT culture

Found my Second Home!

I hesitated to complete a review knowing my role in the company, however, I realized what harm is there in sharing how this company has changed my life. It's assuring knowing I may never need to go through an interview again, as I'm here for the long haul (as long as they'll have me!) - However, for those interested in joining us, we promise we try to make our interviews as enjoyable as possible!I have been given incredible opportunities to learn and grow in such a supportive and collaborative environment. We have a down-to-earth and genuine Executive team who genuinely care for the people in the company. We have a truly incredible team who I got to witness thrive despite the pandemic, and are stronger than ever. Our people care about ensuring our customers & community at large have protection in both security & fire prevention needs. I am surrounded by really talented, intelligent and fun people. They even humour me and laugh at my jokes, which is an added bonus!I could write a book about our culture and the dreams we have on continuously improving on it, but for now I will just say that Vancouver Fire & Radius Security is something truly special. We are being protective and selective of who we welcome into our family - so if you're reading this and are looking for a 'work home' where you can feel appreciated, challenged and cared for - we might just be the place for you!

Pros

Family-oriented culture, truly incredible people throughout the organization, RRSP Matching, Community Matters (Employed-Led Charitable Giving Committee), Corporate Donation Matching, Nice location next to the river/walking paths, fun-loving environment (get to apply my sarcasm on a daily basis), opportunities to learn and grow

Great Culture! Amazing People! Exciting Future Ahead!

If the pandemic has proven anything professionally, it’s the importance of being in a stable industry in a company that cares about their people. This company delivers on both fronts. There is a commitment to build on the company culture and I think there will be some amazing steps forward over the next year. Management is down to earth and the family-oriented environment runs throughout the organization. The growth horizon is exciting and the company will only become stronger over the years. Highly recommended to any job lookers! Come be part of the future!

Pros

The PEOPLE, job stability, company culture, future growth!

Great Company To Work For

I worked in the Central Station, so we worked 12 hour shifts, 4 on, 4 off, either day shifts or night shifts, each with their own set of challenges. When I started it was a lot slower paced but the company has grown a lot in 5 years and is now quite busy and our staff has grown as a result. The bosses that run the show are all super pleasant people and treat people well and I have no complaints.The only reason I'm leaving the company is because I'm moving out of the Province.

Pros

Competitive Wages, fun company events

Cons

12 hour shifts isn't for everyone.

Micro-management

The worst company I've ever worked for. Micro-management, poor executive management and HR. No freedom of speech, management not care who you are and what you did for the company.

Pros

General employees are great people to work with

Fast paced work

A typical day at work is very fast paced and shifts are long (12hrs) The hardest part would be multiple tasking. Employees are easy going and can communicate whenever you need

Very impressed with the dedication to culture and process improvement.

Fire Service Field Technicians are a dedicated and technically advanced group. Workplace culture is great. They recently adopted a company DNA way of handling internal and external business and customers. I really enjoy working here and look forward to a bright future.

Bad experience

This company has no standard and they are in CSR activities. Accounting Department is worst, Controller , CFO & Little baby is the game player in this department. The worst experience among all companies. Would not recommend to work there, only if you have some circumstances i understand to work there.

Worst Accounting team and worst management ever

This is the worst Job experience i ever had working here. The management is in wrong hands. A-lot of politics and mismanagement. The CFO needs to be taught basic morals of how to treat your employees. Complete unethical and negative environment in accounting department. A lot of micromanaging. Would not recommend anyone to work in Accounting dept. God bless the accounting team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Fire and Radius Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement