Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews

It is so mismanaged on T7 and management is extremely toxic and unsupportive. The patients are acute but that is pretty much the same everywhere. The manager often discredits your feelings and make you feel bad about yourself. do not work here if you can avoid it.
the team I am working with is amazing and very organize. from the time i start to finish i enjoy it. it is interesting every day, definitely get to learn something new everyday.
benefits
Cons
not flexible
Working with VCH gave me a greater understanding towards assisting patient care. It gave me a general of how the system works in the hospital. I felt that there are a decent amount of opporunities toward workers who work in the industry a lot longer vs those who are very new to the company. I have been experiencing a lot of drama lately and coworkers talking behind each others back....
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Toxic coworkers with bad habits
Arrive to work on-time and leave on-time. A fantastic vacation package consisting of 4-weeks to start, and fully paid benefits (deductibles present for most services). The workplace culture is poor. Management understands this is a problem however not much is done to rectify the issue. Management stated room for growth and advancement opportunities during interview process, however once you are on-board, opportunities are few and far between and given based on seniority (even in excluded environments).
Management doesn't cares about Employees at all just a terrible Company. I won't recommend Vancouver Coastal Health to anyone there's zero work life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management is just a disgrace
A huge previlege to work in an environtment Rehabilitation setting that i felt that i belong! Such compassion, staff expertise and kindness rolled into one.
Pros
Complete Medical benefits and vacation entitlement, paid sick times and paid special/compassionate leave
Cons
long commute to and from work, & skytrain issues/delays
I started as a casual float employee at VGH and have had almost no drama at work. Majority of the people I have worked with have ranged from either pleasant to enjoyable. The work load varies from very light to very busy and most days feel quite fulfilling in terms of feeling valued and needed. The hardest part is witnessing the loss of loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by people you are happy to see every shift you work, the stories you share and the friendships you build, especially if you find the unit where you feel you most belong. The only set-back in terms or my position is that there is no real opportunity for job advancement.
Vancouver Coastal Health is a very supportive organization and caters well to their employees. The work culture is swamping to be around as other employees are all hard working and professional.
Very fun to work at! It is an engaging environment and my managers were very helpful. It is a valuable opportunity to work as a coop and full time. I really enjoyed the experience.
I loved working at the Extended Care Unit in Powell River. Being a Care Aide is a very hard demanding job but worthy every minute! I moved away and that is the only reason I left ECU in Powell River and would go back there in a heart beat!
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Hard work Mentally and Physically
Very cooperative and considerate employees. Lots of learning opportunities. I enjoyed working in cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds. Company culture allows lot of employee driven initiatives.
I loved working for VCH, love the community support supervisors all way willing to help. and always asking about how the worker is feeling with any new client.
I have been working with VCH for only a few years now, and I don't have anything negative to say. They are a great company to work for, with lots of opportunities for advancement and education.
Daily take and receive calls regarding applications and awards of bursaries. Record all applications and awards documented on paper and computer. Tabulate monthly amounts issued. Take in documentation to head office monthly for review.
Pros
Meet new people. Experience the results of seeing art projects of clients.
Cons
Not enough hours. Challenges with people with mental illness.
Vancouver Coastal Health is one of the several health authorities that has focused more and more on business model undermining authentic and caring team approach
Pros
Vancouver Community
Cons
business model focused on profit
Good Workplace to work, but management needs work. Training manuals need to be updated and workplace drama and politics should not be inflicted onto others.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management lacks and workplace drama and politics
I love working for VCH. It is a great environment. It is very supportive of all of it's employees. I work in the downtown eastside community and awareness, safety and compassion are always important issues.
Pros
team environment
Cons
shift work
I used to love my job, then favoritism was brought in and everyone kept hiring people they know and would give other people opportunities. Ruined the work environment. It seems like everyone is related to everyone or were friends before VCH on every floor and unit. plus, after a while, there is no more room to grow. The benefits aren't even that great. My husband works in a bank and his benefits are better (95% coverage) and costs less.
Pros
lots of places to work
Cons
management, low pay raise, bad benefits plan, hostile work environments.
I really enjoy working and collaborating with my co-workers on a daily basis. Although VCH is a large organization, our office still maintains a small community feel, which makes coming to more enjoyable! VCH promotes a great work-life balance and provides awesome benefits :)
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits, co-workers
Fantastic place to work. Lots of work available for staff. Only problem is that the organization is quite hierarchical, which creates a lengthy approval process.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, culture
Cons
Approval process, slow to make decisions
I enjoyed the health background; you had a lot to learn and a lot of challenges to understand. Very busy but also very rewarding and challenging. Lots of variety.
Pros
Good Organization, flexible hours
Cons
Medical System can be difficult at times.