Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

meh

management could be better. staffing could be better. some support for new grads. various paid educational opportunities offered. dedicated new grad support.

Pros

educational opportunities

Cons

long hours, inadequate staffing

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please take care.

Same role

Nurse work

Hardest part of job is handling the increasing workload and commute. Other coworker's are nice and get along well. Managers tend to focus on profit vs patient care
Same role

Terrible management and educators

Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.

Pros

job security

Cons

extremely stressful
Same location

Great team to work with

Has thus far been a rewarding choice to work for Vancouver Coastal Health, not only have I learned a lot I find the work load to be reasonable as well. We have a great team with positive attitudes and there proves to be opportunities to educate ourselves every day.

Pros

The hours of my position are a perfect fit to my schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement