Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Chaotic position but challenging and worthwhile
Clerical Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2014
Typical day at work being the front line workers, is chaotic, stressful and extremely busy. What I have learned is patience, empathy and extremely excellent multitasking abilities. Our new manager is interested in changes, ideas and protects the staff when needed. My co-workers are awesome to work with and as a team we connect with all our experiences and our interest in working in the Downtown Eastside. The hardest part of the job is sometimes communication is not very good and we have to shuffle around a lot clients withing the clinic facility. The most enjoyable is being able to support and be a part of so many wonderful marginalized clients and their journey to hopefully succeeding in their lives.

Other Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews

Inexperienced management that create a disrespectful culture
Decision Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2020
Leads/Managers/Directors are inexperienced and promoted into positions without possessing the education or knowledge of managing teams and people. Instead they focus only on how fast staff can produce without regard for quality and accuracy. There is a systemic problem that stems with the management that creates a culture of fear, intimidation and disrespect. Staff is not valued, hence the reason everyone working in Decision Support are temporary employees and always refused the opportunity to become a permanent employee. If VCH valued its employees, indefinite temporary employees would be allowed to move into permanent roles after 2 or 3 years. Unfortunately, there are many temporary employees working 4, 5 and 6 years without any hopes of becoming a permanent employee.
Fast Paced
RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2020
Great benefits & pay, but you pay for it with your mental health. So many burned out staff; unable to give quality care with the workload, but still is expected of us. Stressful environment, managers not supportive, very punitive. To succeed, you need to be highly organized, super efficient, really caring, assertive, able to handle high degree of stress, high cognitive function

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.