Vancouver Coastal Health
Happiness score is 60 out of 100
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

It's okay, depends on the site you are at.

Some sites are not to bad and you feel like you are doing well there with some great colleagues. However, depending on where you get hired it can be very cliquey(sp?) between the staff. The clients/patients for the most part are good and you can feel like you really made a difference in their life.

Cons

Cliques

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stable work, decent pay

Over the ten years I worked for Vancouver Coastal Health, I learned so much! Every department I worked in opened a new world for me: psychology, geriatric issues, community health. The work ranged from the mundane, i.e. photocopying, filing, to very interesting tasks, i.e., scoring mental health questionnaires, dicta typing, helping with social programs, etc. The work was quite stable. Being publicly funded, the health region was, however, affected by changes in provincial government and its policies. This affected staffing rates, budgets, and pay.

Pros

Stable, interesting work

Cons

Subject to Government Policies
Same roleSame location

VCH is a great place to work. It is a team environment and there is always support available.

I love working for VCH. It is a great environment. It is very supportive of all of it's employees. I work in the downtown eastside community and awareness, safety and compassion are always important issues.

Pros

team environment

Cons

shift work
Same location

Collaborative team with open communication

It was an overall positive experience with supportive staff and management. There were team-building activities and periodical training. Management was responsive and life-work balance was encouraged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • It's okay, depends on the site you are at.