Vancouver Coastal Health
Happiness score is 61 out of 100
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Good salary, benefits, managers, admin support

Overall great experience compared to other health authorities. Primary care culture makes it hard to have good work-life balance. Managers in my area were very supportive and helpful

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience. Kind regards.

Same roleSame location

Satisfying daily and providing nursing care I feel very important for patients

My days when I was working full time have not always been typical, unexpected changes and high risk patients that all the nurses need to mentally and physically be prepared for. Management provides and sets high nursing bars and some provided a role model. My co-workers were always a pleasure working with and I enjoyed their new ideas to make the future to look forward to. I learned a lot of understanding in my leadership position as a Patient Service Coordinator toward my nursing staff and showed them the importance of their capability and leadership also to new staff. At the end of my day I go home feeling I have had I very valuable contribution to our patients, that have trusted us to provide the care they needed.
Same location

Recruitment process

Am not sure how to put this however the VCH recruitment team needs to get feedback on their hiring process. There is a shortage yet some positions have not been filled for years. People are eager to work for the company yet they simply never get recruited or selected for jobs applied more more than half the time. I think the company needs to come up with solutions towards this.
Same location

Not the best culture

Management & Senior Executive teams do not care about retaining staff. They are so inflexible & always want you to work in the office so they can micromanage you. They talk about DEI but it’s all for show because they don’t walk the walk (just talk the talk). I’ve worked here for over 10 years and enough is enough!

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review. If you have any concerns or complaints about your experience we would encourage you to contact your HR Advisor or email employeeexperience@vch.ca. Kind regards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • Good salary, benefits, managers, admin support