Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Stable work, decent pay
Clerical Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC23 May 2019
Over the ten years I worked for Vancouver Coastal Health, I learned so much! Every department I worked in opened a new world for me: psychology, geriatric issues, community health. The work ranged from the mundane, i.e. photocopying, filing, to very interesting tasks, i.e., scoring mental health questionnaires, dicta typing, helping with social programs, etc.

The work was quite stable.

Being publicly funded, the health region was, however, affected by changes in provincial government and its policies. This affected staffing rates, budgets, and pay.
Pros
Stable, interesting work
Cons
Subject to Government Policies

Other Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews

Stressful at times. Rewarding at others
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  VGH ICU6 March 2020
Teamwork is essential. You have to care about people. Cant be afraid to get your hands dirty. Be a forward thinker. Anticipate what the team needs. There is a lot of Type A personalities here. If your feelings get hurt easily then carefully consider this job.
Excellent Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2020
There are many stressful elements to Emergency Nursing and I always feel supported in my position there. There are amble opportunities for education, advancement and collaboration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.