Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Canada151 reviews
Good but could have been better
Good but could have been better. Not enough hours. But they keep hiring. No benefits until you're regular but goodluck getting that regular job. Im just there for the money I guess. I need to survive.
Great workplace environment & culture
Have worked at multiple locations within Vancouver Community teams (Mental Health and Substance Use [both Adult and Child & Youth], palliative care). The culture is similar between all and very warm, welcoming coworkers and management at all. Benefits package is decent. Overall a good place to work!
clinical
it was a clinical placement i enjoyed it was a far commute for me so I dont know if I will apply for a job there or not. a good experience over all. good learning
Fast Paced
Great benefits & pay, but you pay for it with your mental health. So many burned out staff; unable to give quality care with the workload, but still is expected of us. Stressful environment, managers not supportive, very punitive. To succeed, you need to be highly organized, super efficient, really caring, assertive, able to handle high degree of stress, high cognitive function
Very Professional and fair
Very Professional and fair. I have had nothing but a positive experience working for Vancouver Coastal Health. I will continue to offer the high standard care.

Lana Obrigavitch
Requires individuals who are willing to put in the effort.
It's hard to get your initial job with VCH, but once you do, there is lots of room to grow and for internal transfers so that you can find a job that is the best fit for your interests and skill set. Unfortunately, job security can be double edged in that some of your co-workers and manager may be out paced by their current role and responsibilities, and are not meeting the challenge as well as some others might.

It's unfortunate that despite the innovation that occurs, many of my coworkers are burnt out and jaded working for the health authority, but the money and benefits are good so they are reluctant to give up their position.
Good place to work. Heavy workload!
Wonderful team, lots of support. Workload can become extremely heavy ...as with all health authorities so not unique to VCH
Lots of opportunities to trial other areas or programs

Great benefits and vacation. Salary doesn’t keep up with cost of living in Vancouver!
Workload is too much to handle , at times
Too much work, demanding
Staff cooperative, still tiring at the end of each shift.

Work environment is good

Benefits are good
At times ,less staff to handle patient volume.
good team support and benefits
busy environment, day goes by fast, with multitask abilities is highly recommended,
Great team support and supervisor support.

Stable job security

Great benefits
Good work spce and good environment
Working in vch is a good place to work and right place to work. Had a good benifits. The facility that i worked right now is a bit far from my home base but so far i like my facility.
Mixed Bag
Public sector so very little in the way of compensation. Unless it is a union position it is a precarious environment. Middle management heavy with a culture of do as little as possible and never take a risk.
Pros
Good work / life balance
Cons
Lots of dead end positions
Great opportunities and interesting projects
Interesting projects and great benefits. Opportunities for growth with new projects. Only downside is the salary freezes that are sometimes implemented.
Benefits
Cons
Salary limits
Too much high school politics clinical coordinator bullies
Had bad time with management and clinical coordinator bullying. Most coworker really nice but some no life or jelous one bully for manager. HEU no help employee but help company.
Pros
Good pay, nice long vacation
Cons
Expensive parking but free bicycle room
Great Place
the team I am working with is amazing and very organize. from the time i start to finish i enjoy it. it is interesting every day, definitely get to learn something new everyday.
benefits
Cons
not flexible
Great Vacation and Benefits; Poor Management Practices
Arrive to work on-time and leave on-time. A fantastic vacation package consisting of 4-weeks to start, and fully paid benefits (deductibles present for most services). The workplace culture is poor. Management understands this is a problem however not much is done to rectify the issue. Management stated room for growth and advancement opportunities during interview process, however once you are on-board, opportunities are few and far between and given based on seniority (even in excluded environments).
Horrible Management
Management doesn't cares about Employees at all just a terrible Company. I won't recommend Vancouver Coastal Health to anyone there's zero work life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management is just a disgrace
Best workplace and i feel honoured to be a part of the team
A huge previlege to work in an environtment Rehabilitation setting that i felt that i belong! Such compassion, staff expertise and kindness rolled into one.
Pros
Complete Medical benefits and vacation entitlement, paid sick times and paid special/compassionate leave
Cons
long commute to and from work, & skytrain issues/delays
Good Workplace, but management needs work
Good Workplace to work, but management needs work. Training manuals need to be updated and workplace drama and politics should not be inflicted onto others.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management lacks and workplace drama and politics
Used to be a great place to work before management changed for the worst
I used to love my job, then favoritism was brought in and everyone kept hiring people they know and would give other people opportunities. Ruined the work environment. It seems like everyone is related to everyone or were friends before VCH on every floor and unit. plus, after a while, there is no more room to grow.
The benefits aren't even that great. My husband works in a bank and his benefits are better (95% coverage) and costs less.
Pros
lots of places to work
Cons
management, low pay raise, bad benefits plan, hostile work environments.
Large organization with a small office feel
I really enjoy working and collaborating with my co-workers on a daily basis. Although VCH is a large organization, our office still maintains a small community feel, which makes coming to more enjoyable! VCH promotes a great work-life balance and provides awesome benefits :)
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits, co-workers
Great work environment and co-workers
Fantastic place to work. Lots of work available for staff. Only problem is that the organization is quite hierarchical, which creates a lengthy approval process.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, culture
Cons
Approval process, slow to make decisions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.