Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Management reviews

Clear

Do not work on ortho/trauma

It is so mismanaged on T7 and management is extremely toxic and unsupportive. The patients are acute but that is pretty much the same everywhere. The manager often discredits your feelings and make you feel bad about yourself. do not work here if you can avoid it.

Fun place to work for

Enjoy helping clients with all care, interesting life experiences from them. Management easy to talk to, co-workers working as a team. Hardest part of my job is, leaving my job, as I am relocating in Chilliwack BC. The most rewarding part of my job is leaving with client happy,content and safe in their home.

Staffing Clerk

Very busy, and constantly changing as often you don't have enough staff to fill shifts. Learned that you need to be adaptable and flexible in an ever changing minute by minute day. Co-workers often are a great source of information, and working together for the common goal is what I liked the most.

Pros

great team members

Cons

management can sometimes be a challenge

VCH is a great place to work. Its flexible and very respectful. The people that I work with are amazing. The management is incredible

Pros

Flexible

Cons

There are none

Professionalism

All employees including management work together respectfully to maintain a highly professional workplace for both staff and patients. My Co-workers are very approachable and are eager to offer their experience and knowledge.

high volume customer relations, multi tasking required

enjoyable: client relations management; micro accepting greeting clients, switchboard, ambulatory co-workers: kind, empathetic triaging required multitasking, stressful

Cons

micromanagement

Preventing underage tobacco sales while having a great time doing so

Going into corner stores, asking to buy cigarettes. If they sell, they get a warning and then a fine. Fun job that pays well

competent workforce

The staff are all competent. Very competitive environment. The Pros: Salary and Benefits The Cons: Competition is stiff in a Unionized environment Frequent turnover / reorganization of management level in certain departments.

Enjoyed the opportunity to expand in my knowledge and experience.

My job was all about multitasking various duties, such as printing needed materials, answering the phone/redirecting calls, answering colleagues' questions, setting up groups (booking rooms, confirming attendance with clients, preparing manuals and CD's for use within group, keeping Excel waitlist up-to-date), scoring and entering self-report measures in computer program, running reports and collecting stats. I also took meeting minutes, as well as maintained supplies and kept electronics in working order. Not to be overlooked is that I trained the new secretary in her position in the psychiatry clinics. I provided support with client appointments, etc. and transcription. I actually enjoyed the adrenaline rush (if I may put it this way) that came from accomplishing various duties and being productive. I specifically enjoyed learning and applying desktop publishing skills, used to prepare manuals and working with Excel spreadsheets. Unfortunately, I found management personnel to have a high turnover rate. On the one hand, I missed certain individuals that left; on the other hand, I enjoyed sharing information in order to bring new ones up to speed on my work duties and program procedures. I enjoyed working many years with certain ones of my colleagues. What I found to be the hardest part of my job was the sometimes unpleasant work atmosphere that arose from communication difficulties between some of my colleagues. I personally enjoyed a good work relationship with each of them though. I truly loved my job and would never have left! But I eventually found myself alone in -

Satisfying daily and providing nursing care I feel very important for patients

My days when I was working full time have not always been typical, unexpected changes and high risk patients that all the nurses need to mentally and physically be prepared for. Management provides and sets high nursing bars and some provided a role model. My co-workers were always a pleasure working with and I enjoyed their new ideas to make the future to look forward to. I learned a lot of understanding in my leadership position as a Patient Service Coordinator toward my nursing staff and showed them the importance of their capability and leadership also to new staff. At the end of my day I go home feeling I have had I very valuable contribution to our patients, that have trusted us to provide the care they needed.

Jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health

See more jobs

Amazing

Such a big hospital with cool stuff going on. There is something for every aspect of nursing. Very organized and lots of support from management.

Pros

New hospital.

Cons

High cost of living in the city

Offer Good part-time positions and a casual, yet professional work environment

Overall, a good experience and will be difficult to work outside of this Health Authority. Excellent co-workers, very professional and knowledgeable in their field of Home Care. Unfortunately continuing education is becoming more difficult to be approved time for and management over the years has become more and more disconnected from the realities of providing nursing care in a community setting. Staffing shortages and unreasonable workloads have become an ongoing issue.

Pros

Great co-workers, strong collaborative team environment

Cons

Short-staffing and unsafe workloads

technician

Overall a good company, but management can pressure employees often n lack of staff n coverage can result in poor productivity

Productive and fun workpalce

Shifts are varied, very busy and fun to work, you learn a lot. Nice management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when the computer is down. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the job done and satisfied.

Pros

professional environment

Cons

busy

was a great 6 years but now retireing

great place to work at loved it ahd a good rootin.learned how loveing the elderly can be.management was great.co-workers fantastic.feeding the ones who didnt want to eat.accomplishing a good days work

Overall a good place to work

This is a union environment so the work day is highly controlled. For the most part the staff and management work well together.I would not consider the job hard but has it moments that are satisfying on a personal level. Quite often this comes from being able to be a part of a team of people that work toward making peoples stay in the hospital as relaxing as possible.

Typical Union environment

Management should be assessed yearly from other team members as most take advantage of the great benefits and I think we were overpaid for the work that we put in.