Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Job security & advancement reviews

Canada187 reviews

Clear
3.5Job security & advancement

Good salary, benefits, managers, admin support

Featured review

Vancouver Coastal Health selected this as a representative review
Overall great experience compared to other health authorities. Primary care culture makes it hard to have good work-life balance. Managers in my area were very supportive and helpful

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience. Kind regards.

fun working

worked at 2 hospitals as an admin assistant. hard to get a full time position co-workers were great at 2 locations I worked

Pros

good working hours

Cons

hard to get full time positions

Insights into Vancouver Coastal Health

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Very good place to work

It's a busy place and I enjoy working there. It can be trying but that is part of life's experiences especially in a hospital and working in the float pool where I go everywhere, I see a lot of different situations. It has been good for the most part

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Very long hours or work week

Professionalism

All employees including management work together respectfully to maintain a highly professional workplace for both staff and patients. My Co-workers are very approachable and are eager to offer their experience and knowledge.

Both good and bad

Worked with some fantastic people. Great place to work when you have the right leadership. Satisfying to know you are making a difference to patients. Not a great work environment if leadership not supportive or not in touch with what is happening in day-to-day service delivery. It is very hard to see staff who feel unsupported or uncertain about future.

Pros

Some people fantastic to work with. Good benefits package.

Cons

Work environment is not always good.

Good place to work, great colleagues, never boring

The health care industry is always changing and growing and at times can be challenging. My co-workers are great, and caring about the people that they look after. Like any large organization there are pros and cons.

Advancement

Excellent place to work with room for advancement and exposure to many different areas/departments.

Excellent teamwork and family oriented workplace

Busy and sometimes exhausting but rewarding in the end. Had an opportunity to work with a different mix of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Such a diverse range of patients with a rich vibrant culture which helped me not only to grow professionally, but also as a human being.

I worked in one of the community sites as a speech pathologist and had a great experience working with my peers and other healthcare professionals.

Pros

limited traveling within the community, flexible scheduling of appointments

Cons

limited opportunities to advance

Fun, Productive, Challenging

VCHA is a massive organization with many elite teams working in a variety of decision support aspects. Learning and growing opportunities are endless.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

heavy work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement