Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Culture reviews

Clear

VCH in principle takes care of their employees and have been a fairly good organization. My transfer to RH has been less than stellar with a non-experienced manager. Unfortunately, a poor manager leads very little room for an employee. Vancouver Coastal Health tries to have a people first culture, but due to stress for management, many managers fail employees.

Chaotic position but challenging and worthwhile

Typical day at work being the front line workers, is chaotic, stressful and extremely busy. What I have learned is patience, empathy and extremely excellent multitasking abilities. Our new manager is interested in changes, ideas and protects the staff when needed. My co-workers are awesome to work with and as a team we connect with all our experiences and our interest in working in the Downtown Eastside. The hardest part of the job is sometimes communication is not very good and we have to shuffle around a lot clients withing the clinic facility. The most enjoyable is being able to support and be a part of so many wonderful marginalized clients and their journey to hopefully succeeding in their lives.

Enjoyable profession. Alway learning new things.

My typical day at work is learning a new system and adjusting to a different set up. My co-workers are very helpful in my transition into a new position. The hardest part of my job is learning how to direct phone calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have a job that I feel is important.

Pros

Enjoy my job

Cons

My job is becoming redundant

Great place to work!

I loved my job at Rehab Services, Vancouver Hospital. I had the best boss and co-workers! The only reason I left the position was to move to Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Excellent teamwork and family oriented workplace

Busy and sometimes exhausting but rewarding in the end. Had an opportunity to work with a different mix of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Such a diverse range of patients with a rich vibrant culture which helped me not only to grow professionally, but also as a human being.

Productive and fun workpalce

Shifts are varied, very busy and fun to work, you learn a lot. Nice management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when the computer is down. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the job done and satisfied.

Pros

professional environment

Cons

busy

was a great 6 years but now retireing

great place to work at loved it ahd a good rootin.learned how loveing the elderly can be.management was great.co-workers fantastic.feeding the ones who didnt want to eat.accomplishing a good days work

excellent team work

lots of leartning scope and be lucky to work under vch.good team work and great care team.

Pros

good team work

Cons

so fur nothing

Overall a good place to work

This is a union environment so the work day is highly controlled. For the most part the staff and management work well together.I would not consider the job hard but has it moments that are satisfying on a personal level. Quite often this comes from being able to be a part of a team of people that work toward making peoples stay in the hospital as relaxing as possible.

Typical Union environment

Management should be assessed yearly from other team members as most take advantage of the great benefits and I think we were overpaid for the work that we put in.

Jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health