Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker7 reviews
Canada7 reviews

vancouvercoastalhealthsupporthospitalorganizationteamcommunity

Collaborative team with open communication

It was an overall positive experience with supportive staff and management. There were team-building activities and periodical training. Management was responsive and life-work balance was encouraged.

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you.

Staffing

Staffing and morale are awful. Seem to be spinning the wheels but never changing anything. The simple answer is "that's the way it's always been" wrong answer

Insights into Vancouver Coastal Health

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Good but could have been better

Good but could have been better. Not enough hours. But they keep hiring. No benefits until you're regular but goodluck getting that regular job. Im just there for the money I guess. I need to survive.

good place to work

I loved working for VCH, love the community support supervisors all way willing to help. and always asking about how the worker is feeling with any new client.

productive

All employees makes the place of work more enjoyable . Vancouver Coastal Health has good management good work culture.The place where I am working have good environment. I learned to be compassionate with every body.and team work culture is there.all employees working there are helping hands to each other.I did not have hard time while working there.

Fun place to work for

Enjoy helping clients with all care, interesting life experiences from them. Management easy to talk to, co-workers working as a team. Hardest part of my job is, leaving my job, as I am relocating in Chilliwack BC. The most rewarding part of my job is leaving with client happy,content and safe in their home.

Challenging and rewarding

A typical day at work involved working with 2-4 clients and assisting them with being as independent as possible when it came to activities of daily living. This job was challenging at times given the population (those living with acquired brain injuries); however, it was exceedingly rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement