Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews for Mental Health Technician

Shift work allows for different environment. Organized and structured. Management is available for support. Workplace culture is great and diverse. Hardest part of the job are rotating shifts. Enjoyable part of the job is spending time with people off unit doing activities that bring them joy.
The day is often stressful, but that is what it is like working in Mental Health. However, management has not been making good decisions lately, and the workplace culture is filled with bullying. If it weren't what I wanted to do for my future, I would have left a long time ago. Recently, budget cuts have harmed so many!
Pros
Some awesome co-workers
Cons
Long hours and little value
Have worked at multiple locations within Vancouver Community teams (Mental Health and Substance Use [both Adult and Child & Youth], palliative care). The culture is similar between all and very warm, welcoming coworkers and management at all. Benefits package is decent. Overall a good place to work!
Vancouver Coastal Health is a very supportive organization and caters well to their employees. The work culture is swamping to be around as other employees are all hard working and professional.
Good Workplace to work, but management needs work. Training manuals need to be updated and workplace drama and politics should not be inflicted onto others.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management lacks and workplace drama and politics
Start at 9 am. Job is stressful and everyone at work seem tense. Job demands are hard to meet. Working under stressful atmosphere. It inhibits your capacity to work to your full potential.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
stressful work load
I enjoy working where I do. I like that I have long-term job security, but my salary is not adequate enough to live comfortably in the Lower Mainland.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not enough pay