Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews for Mental Health Technician

Mental Health Technician7 reviews
Canada7 reviews

vancouvercoastalhealthsupporthospitalorganizationteamcommunity

Diverse people. Fun work environment.

Shift work allows for different environment. Organized and structured. Management is available for support. Workplace culture is great and diverse. Hardest part of the job are rotating shifts. Enjoyable part of the job is spending time with people off unit doing activities that bring them joy.

Has its ups and downs

The day is often stressful, but that is what it is like working in Mental Health. However, management has not been making good decisions lately, and the workplace culture is filled with bullying. If it weren't what I wanted to do for my future, I would have left a long time ago. Recently, budget cuts have harmed so many!

Pros

Some awesome co-workers

Cons

Long hours and little value

Insights into Vancouver Coastal Health

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Great workplace environment & culture

Have worked at multiple locations within Vancouver Community teams (Mental Health and Substance Use [both Adult and Child & Youth], palliative care). The culture is similar between all and very warm, welcoming coworkers and management at all. Benefits package is decent. Overall a good place to work!

Supportive

Vancouver Coastal Health is a very supportive organization and caters well to their employees. The work culture is swamping to be around as other employees are all hard working and professional.

Good Workplace, but management needs work

Good Workplace to work, but management needs work. Training manuals need to be updated and workplace drama and politics should not be inflicted onto others.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Management lacks and workplace drama and politics

avareage

Start at 9 am. Job is stressful and everyone at work seem tense. Job demands are hard to meet. Working under stressful atmosphere. It inhibits your capacity to work to your full potential.

Pros

helping clients

Cons

stressful work load

A great place to work if you're in the right atmosphere

I enjoy working where I do. I like that I have long-term job security, but my salary is not adequate enough to live comfortably in the Lower Mainland.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement