Vancouver Coastal Health
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews for Clerical Support

Stable work, decent pay

Over the ten years I worked for Vancouver Coastal Health, I learned so much! Every department I worked in opened a new world for me: psychology, geriatric issues, community health. The work ranged from the mundane, i.e. photocopying, filing, to very interesting tasks, i.e., scoring mental health questionnaires, dicta typing, helping with social programs, etc. The work was quite stable. Being publicly funded, the health region was, however, affected by changes in provincial government and its policies. This affected staffing rates, budgets, and pay.

Pros

Stable, interesting work

Cons

Subject to Government Policies

VCH is a great place to work. It is a team environment and there is always support available.

I love working for VCH. It is a great environment. It is very supportive of all of it's employees. I work in the downtown eastside community and awareness, safety and compassion are always important issues.

Pros

team environment

Cons

shift work

Chaotic position but challenging and worthwhile

Typical day at work being the front line workers, is chaotic, stressful and extremely busy. What I have learned is patience, empathy and extremely excellent multitasking abilities. Our new manager is interested in changes, ideas and protects the staff when needed. My co-workers are awesome to work with and as a team we connect with all our experiences and our interest in working in the Downtown Eastside. The hardest part of the job is sometimes communication is not very good and we have to shuffle around a lot clients withing the clinic facility. The most enjoyable is being able to support and be a part of so many wonderful marginalized clients and their journey to hopefully succeeding in their lives.

Jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health