Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse in Vancouver, BC

Great staff
Nice place to work with great nurses. Good stepping stone for further career development. Happy with where it has lead me, but excited to see what's next in my career
Excellent Workplace
There are many stressful elements to Emergency Nursing and I always feel supported in my position there. There are amble opportunities for education, advancement and collaboration.
Fast Paced
Great benefits & pay, but you pay for it with your mental health. So many burned out staff; unable to give quality care with the workload, but still is expected of us. Stressful environment, managers not supportive, very punitive. To succeed, you need to be highly organized, super efficient, really caring, assertive, able to handle high degree of stress, high cognitive function
Not good for someone who wants job security.
Don't become their employee if you have a disability or get sick often because they will find any way to fire you. They will persecute you and interrogate you on your illness. Then they will fire you instead of supporting you to go on disability. Work for someone else!!!
Amazing
Such a big hospital with cool stuff going on. There is something for every aspect of nursing. Very organized and lots of support from management.
Pros
New hospital.
Cons
High cost of living in the city
Excellent teamwork and family oriented workplace
Busy and sometimes exhausting but rewarding in the end. Had an opportunity to work with a different mix of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Such a diverse range of patients with a rich vibrant culture which helped me not only to grow professionally, but also as a human being.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Vancouver Coastal Health Reviews by Location