Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews in Powell River, BC

Hard Word but very rewarding

I loved working at the Extended Care Unit in Powell River. Being a Care Aide is a very hard demanding job but worthy every minute! I moved away and that is the only reason I left ECU in Powell River and would go back there in a heart beat!

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Hard work Mentally and Physically

Stressful environment where managment only says negative things

Staffing Clerk Position is a very stressful job. In a small town where there is not enough nursing staff from careaids, LPNs, to RNs...its always the same people doing overtime and staff are burnt out. You need to know many different unions and who you can pull to cover a shift sometimes spending hours filling one shift and pulling 5 staff from other areas in order to cover just one shift. Powell River is overseen by Vanouver North Shore managment and they never say anything unless its negative. If a mistake is made and there is a grievance it comes out of staffings budget so again you will be reprimanded. There is major drama and backstabbing in such a small department....so BEWARE! The pay is great....but managment from Vancouver also thought it was a great idea to change rotations with 2 weeks notice so the full time positions work 5 months of weekends in their rotations and then 2 weeks of one day of weekend in rotation followed by 5 weekend off in a row...so cant have much of a life. If your relief does not come in (which also happens often there) you are stuck and have no choice but to stay.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Stressful, backstabbing staff, bad mangager from Van, 5 months of weekends in a row in rotation

Fun place to work for

Enjoy helping clients with all care, interesting life experiences from them. Management easy to talk to, co-workers working as a team. Hardest part of my job is, leaving my job, as I am relocating in Chilliwack BC. The most rewarding part of my job is leaving with client happy,content and safe in their home.

Jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health