Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews

Do not work on ortho/trauma

It is so mismanaged on T7 and management is extremely toxic and unsupportive. The patients are acute but that is pretty much the same everywhere. The manager often discredits your feelings and make you feel bad about yourself. do not work here if you can avoid it.

Good work spce and good environment

Working in vch is a good place to work and right place to work. Had a good benifits. The facility that i worked right now is a bit far from my home base but so far i like my facility.

Everyone is so friendly!

Teamwork and collaboration is key to working here. Employee engagement is great, lots of recognition for your hard work. People are friendly and receptive.

Pros

Team spirit

Cons

Extra work outside of job description

Supportive and friendly environnment

There is a great sense of being part of a team, and you know your colleagues have your back, especially since working in mental health and addictions can be stressful, and the some situations can present themselves as cquite complicated.

Good work environment with excellent benefits and staff.

All of the professionals I work with are helpful in a team stratagem. A wide multi-cultural group always willing to pitch in. Fast paced work schedule makes the day go fast,

Pros

Flexible jobs that allow you to learn at a reasonable pace.

Cons

Supplies that need to be brought to medical staff are delayed because of poor elevation system.

Environment that completely devalues and burns out its staff and does not care at all about its employees.

After 12 years of service I can honestly say that Vancouver Coastal Health is an awful place to work. It drained my soul and sucked the life out of me.

Fulfilling overall but no real room for advancing. Not for the faint of heart.

We attempt to develop and strengthen a community that is typically stigmatized negatively and assist them with whatever needs we can offer immediately.

Diverse people. Fun work environment.

Shift work allows for different environment. Organized and structured. Management is available for support. Workplace culture is great and diverse. Hardest part of the job are rotating shifts. Enjoyable part of the job is spending time with people off unit doing activities that bring them joy.

great work place

i really enjoyed going to work everyday. I rarely had a bad day and would always end up going home happier then when I left. I recommend this place for anyone who wants a happy and fulfilling job

Pros

makes you feel good

Cons

people passing away

Overall, great place to work. Enjoyed my role there.

However, management styles differed in processes and communication styles between teams. Overall, most were very good. The work is interesting and team members very supportive of each other. Lots of ways to access education and support in the daily tasks and responsibilities.

Pros

Very good environment to work with team members.

Cons

Minimal.

Jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health

See more jobs

Mixed Bag

Public sector so very little in the way of compensation. Unless it is a union position it is a precarious environment. Middle management heavy with a culture of do as little as possible and never take a risk.

Pros

Good work / life balance

Cons

Lots of dead end positions

a good place to work

It is a good place to work in Vancouver Coastal Health. The job is a 12 hours shift, day shift and night shift. The LPN works with a RN or a RPN all the time. An LPN has the chance to learn from different RNs or RPNs. All of RNs or RPNs have very good experience and most of them want to share their experiences with LPNs. You could learn from RNs or RPNs and LPNs. LPNs have no chance to work with another LPN. The manager and coordinator support staff well. Most of nurses want to share the jobs. The most challenge part is unstable clients because that is a psychiatric unit. You may fell a little bit tense when you are alone in the night and unstable clients are up to common area around nursing station. The most enjoyable part of the job is the client recovered and discharged home.

Difficult place to work \

poor adversarial place to work with difficult union and near sighted mangement that is always looking for a scapegoat despite good preformance and reviews

worked as a community health nurse

I did not spend much time at this job as there was not enough on the job training available and therefore I could not continue. The environment was nice, clean and respectful.

Love working here. I love being busy and day goes by so quickly

I learned how to deal with different type of people from different culture. Build my confidence Communicate with 50-60 patients a day Prep clinics for doctors Understand patients concerns Increased knowledge of computer and softwares

Great opportunities and interesting projects

Interesting projects and great benefits. Opportunities for growth with new projects. Only downside is the salary freezes that are sometimes implemented.

Benefits

Cons

Salary limits

very organized and good working conditions

Registration and booking appointments for patients, arranging transport, reminder calls, reviewing film for Radiologist, pulling files, arranging couriers to take various film to different hospitals Hardest part of the job was not having enough time to complete some tasks, unable to contact patients Loved the challenge of this job, everyday was something different.

Pros

community atmosphere

Cons

dealing with unhappy people

Too much high school politics clinical coordinator bullies

Had bad time with management and clinical coordinator bullying. Most coworker really nice but some no life or jelous one bully for manager. HEU no help employee but help company.

Pros

Good pay, nice long vacation

Cons

Expensive parking but free bicycle room

Stable work, decent pay

Over the ten years I worked for Vancouver Coastal Health, I learned so much! Every department I worked in opened a new world for me: psychology, geriatric issues, community health. The work ranged from the mundane, i.e. photocopying, filing, to very interesting tasks, i.e., scoring mental health questionnaires, dicta typing, helping with social programs, etc. The work was quite stable. Being publicly funded, the health region was, however, affected by changes in provincial government and its policies. This affected staffing rates, budgets, and pay.

Pros

Stable, interesting work

Cons

Subject to Government Policies

Challenging opportunity

Staff are nice, you need to work hard to earn your place. What the company does for the community is amazing. Lots of very smart, experienced, and intelligent people to work with.

fun

good was interesting job and good people I like th people and th interesting times we spent together and I would work there again I enjoyed the people alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement