Vancouver Coastal Health
Happiness score is 61 out of 100
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Very poor management with no individual or team support

Too many layers of management within one department with no one taking accountability. When they hit a glitch, they start to point fingers at others. No support from managers for their team. Too much red tape and beaucracy which frustrates patients. They say People First, but it isn't people first for patients and certainly not for employees. Under the Ministry of Health, they take millions of dollars of taxpayers money to profit in healthcare. Pay is not good for administrative staff and there is no room for promotion but only horizontal moves. Those who call under casual or temporary full-time are most disadvantaged. Mgmt only appreciate you because they are short in staff and desperately need to keep you working. Once they get what they want, you become just another employee #. I have not met one manager who actually cares about the employees after them. Young managers have power ego choosing to intimidate and bully rather than communicate in an effective way. You may say this is an exaggeration but believe me, you will only experience this throughout Richmond VCH once you are in the system. Then you become just another statistic. You will only regret it if you work for Vancouver Coastal Health. If you are, it is because you have fallen into the union umbrella and fit right into it all.

Pros

union protected

Cons

very poor management who don't support; not flexible for vacation

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fast paced and collaborative

VCH has changed over the years I was employed there. Many opportunities for learning are there for staff. Management varied but, for most part was open and collaborative.
Same role

Challenging opportunity

Staff are nice, you need to work hard to earn your place. What the company does for the community is amazing. Lots of very smart, experienced, and intelligent people to work with.
Same location

Free job on training opportunities.

I hv good experience with Vancouver coastal health. It’s been year since I’ve working on this job. It was govt sponsored program, mean job on training program. We are truly thankful to our employer Vancouver coastal health that they gave us this opportunity.

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • Very poor management with no individual or team support