Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Overall, great place to work. Enjoyed my role there.

However, management styles differed in processes and communication styles between teams. Overall, most were very good. The work is interesting and team members very supportive of each other. Lots of ways to access education and support in the daily tasks and responsibilities.

Pros

Very good environment to work with team members.

Cons

Minimal.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Great Place

the team I am working with is amazing and very organize. from the time i start to finish i enjoy it. it is interesting every day, definitely get to learn something new everyday.

benefits

Cons

not flexible
Same location

Disastrous !

Working at VCH as a temporary hire is a real eye-opener. One would have never thought how chaotic and poorly managed this organization is; scheduling, payroll, work duties, training. Everything is a complete mess. Work duties, work hours, work schedule, work locations keep changing, the only thing that remains unchanged is your wage rate. On the upside, it does motivate you to find a "real job".

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, no benefits, low wage, hostile work-environment
Same location

Terrible management and educators

Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.

Pros

job security

Cons

extremely stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • Overall, great place to work. Enjoyed my role there.