Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Mixed Bag

Public sector so very little in the way of compensation. Unless it is a union position it is a precarious environment. Middle management heavy with a culture of do as little as possible and never take a risk.

Pros

Good work / life balance

Cons

Lots of dead end positions

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Recruitment process

Am not sure how to put this however the VCH recruitment team needs to get feedback on their hiring process. There is a shortage yet some positions have not been filled for years. People are eager to work for the company yet they simply never get recruited or selected for jobs applied more more than half the time. I think the company needs to come up with solutions towards this.

Not the best culture

Management & Senior Executive teams do not care about retaining staff. They are so inflexible & always want you to work in the office so they can micromanage you. They talk about DEI but it’s all for show because they don’t walk the walk (just talk the talk). I’ve worked here for over 10 years and enough is enough!

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review. If you have any concerns or complaints about your experience we would encourage you to contact your HR Advisor or email employeeexperience@vch.ca. Kind regards.
Same location

Good salary, benefits, managers, admin support

Overall great experience compared to other health authorities. Primary care culture makes it hard to have good work-life balance. Managers in my area were very supportive and helpful

Official response from Vancouver Coastal Health

2 August 2022
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience. Kind regards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement