Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Managers of larger residential care homes do not consult with frontline staff

2 November 2020
Front line staff are great; helpful, friendly and respectful. However management often bullies staff and are off-hand and rude to staff when families or residents are not around. Management sometimes lacking in ability to communicate plans, and do not consult with staff regarding any upcoming changes they wish to make, which is very disappointing and can inadvertently lead to feeling of your opinion does not matter.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Positive environment when management not interfering
Cons
Management tends towards bullying
22 April 2021
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.
Pros
job security
Cons
extremely stressful
15 April 2021
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
The day is often stressful, but that is what it is like working in Mental Health. However, management has not been making good decisions lately, and the workplace culture is filled with bullying. If it weren't what I wanted to do for my future, I would have left a long time ago. Recently, budget cuts have harmed so many!
Pros
Some awesome co-workers
Cons
Long hours and little value
10 February 2021
RN (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
It is so mismanaged on T7 and management is extremely toxic and unsupportive. The patients are acute but that is pretty much the same everywhere. The manager often discredits your feelings and make you feel bad about yourself. do not work here if you can avoid it.
  1. Managers of larger residential care homes do not consult with frontline staff