Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

If you want to be a peon, this is the place for you

30 April 2020
Working on the frontlines is rewarding personally, but not professionally at VCH. The upper management are all about the talk but little trickles down that is helpful. The management is clueless to the product of heath care. Everything is top down with little input heard. Input is asked, however it is totally disregarded.
3.0Job security/advancement
22 April 2021
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.
Pros
job security
Cons
extremely stressful
10 February 2021
RN (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
It is so mismanaged on T7 and management is extremely toxic and unsupportive. The patients are acute but that is pretty much the same everywhere. The manager often discredits your feelings and make you feel bad about yourself. do not work here if you can avoid it.
26 December 2020
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) - Vancouver general Hospital
I loved working for VCH and wanted to stay for ever but denied permanent residency which was very sad, was really ambitious and the company was just right, it was one of the best employments in my career. I miss that environment, very friendly people.
  1. If you want to be a peon, this is the place for you